Local Future Shop now has D-Theater titles

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Miles, Aug 26, 2003.

1. Miles

Miles Second Unit

I noticed, when picking up The Simpsons S3 DVD today, that my local Future Shop store has about 30 D-Theater cassettes in the DVD area. They're all around $50. It's the first time I've seen them on the shelf anywhere.

2. Tom Tsai

Tom Tsai Supporting Actor

My local futureshop has been carrying them ever since they became available last year. But yeah, I did notice that they have significantly increased the number of titles available lately.

3. Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin Supporting Actor

I'm surprised, actually. I have yet to find a FS that carries any SACD software and/or hardware, but DVHS?

MMmmm...probably has something to do with profit margins. I know from people that work there that there is very little in CD/DVD.

4. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

The FutureShop near Chinook in Calgary has had DVHS for nearly a year as well. Heh, kinda pointless since no projector under $7,000 CDN is able to display them at their native resolution. And my poor Sanyo PLV-Z1 loves to overheat. [​IMG]

5. Miles

Miles Second Unit

I couldn't see any D-VHS players for sale at the retail outlet or online... that seemed a bit weird... Did I miss something, or do they assume people import them from the U.S.?