Local Channels on a DirecTivo (Series 1 or 2)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bryan Acevedo, Oct 14, 2002.

1. Bryan Acevedo

Bryan Acevedo Second Unit

On my older RCA DirecTV (420) receiver with Wink built in, my local channels are re-mapped from the non user friendly channels (884,892) to the actual channels (i.e. 3, 5, 8).

I thought this was the Wink technology doing it.

I plan on getting a DirecTivo series 2 when they come out, but it just occured to me that they don't have Wink built into the series 1. I read that on tivocommunity.com.

So for anyone that owns the series 1, can you comment on what the DirecTivo does with the local channels? Do you have to remember that channel 3 is 884, etc.? Or do they map them correctly for you.

I am really hoping that they can map them for you, as it is a royal pain to explain to guests that the local channels are on the 880s, and for me to remember which is which.

Thanks,
    Bryan

2. Bill_D

Bill_D Supporting Actor

My SAT-T60 remaps.

3. Bryan Acevedo

Bryan Acevedo Second Unit

Thanks - I just found some info on tivocommunity that confirms that the series 1 tivos do remap.

It looks like it was more of the DirecTVPlus receivers doing it, and has nothing to do with Wink. So I can assume that the series 2 will remap also - Great news!

Thanks,

Bryan