What's new

Load times for Criterion dvd's... (1 Viewer)

Patrick Wilmes

Stunt Coordinator
I noticed the other day after inserting Spartacus CC that it loaded incredibly fast with no FBI warnings etc.Then I remembered Rushmore CC was the same way.Can anyone explain why CC dvd's load faster and are able to omit all that crap that's present at the beginning of most dvd's?This needs to be the standard.

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I have no idea why, but Criterion's discs tend to spin up way faster than nearly any other discs in my collection. And they also access menues very quickly.

On the other hand, I've noticed - and I find this both odd and inexplicable - that Criterion's discs spin more noisily while on the main menu page, but then spin very quietly during playback of the film or features (I have a Pioneer DV-414). I have no idea why this might be the case, but it seems to be so ("In the Mood for Love" being a recent example).

Len Berkoski

Stunt Coordinator
Since this is becoming an "odd Criterion behavior" thread, I would add I've had trouble with the Autosensing (DD, DTS, Stereo, Mono) capability of my Onkyo 898 on a number of Criterion discs. I can force it to work, or "back chapter", and it will "catch".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks