Living Room HT

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Bryan_G, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Bryan_G

Bryan_G Agent

May 7, 2002
    This is a multipurpose ht I put together for my parents. They wanted something they could use for presentations and personal. They wanted all in-ceiling speakers, and this was the best compromise I could work out. The room could use some acoustic treatments, but front speakers sound pretty good for being up so high. It helps create a soundstage that is the same size as the screen.

I didn't get a widescreen because they do a lot of presentations from a pc located in their office. This pc also serves as a htpc for dvds and music. I have a logitech rf wireless keyboard and mouse to use for control. The rf transmitter is hidden away in the cabinet with usb/vga/cat5/coax cables running underground back to the office, and to the receiver(Denon 3802). I don't run the dvd video through the denon, but have it switching all the other stuff. I have that signal going to the tv and the projector.

I also hooked up whole house audio using the dayton c-series in-ceiling speakers in the m-bath, dinning room, and garage, and better speakers in the office, m-bedroom, and outside. I was actually impressed by the c-serries speakers, for less then $40 a pair they do a good job.

Well here are the pictures. Let me know what you think.

luxion x2 - Projector
    Denon 3802
    B&W 602s3
    B&W lcr600s3
    B&W cds6
    velodyne ct-120

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Aug 5, 1999
    Nicely done, Bryan! Looks like a professional installation. Is there something you're not telling us? [​IMG]

Wayne A. Pflughaupt