What's new

Living room / home theater almost done. (1 Viewer)

lowcel

Grip
Real Name
Bruce
I've been working on this room a little by little for a few months now. It's almost done. All I have left is building a speaker stand for the left front speaker, hiding the wires for the rear surrounds, mount the projector on the ceiling, and getting a longer hdmi cable for the ps3 so I can put it on the bookshelf out of the way.

Here are some pics.

Seating area.

Daytime television (55" LCD). Picture shows old sub, has been replaced with an SVS PC12-Plus.

Movie screen (106"). Picture is awesome, actually clearer than the LCD! These pictures were taken with my iPhone so they don't do it justice!

Here is the new sub, it's 40" tall and awesome!

Here is a list of components.
Onkyo TX-SR706 receiver
Sony PS3
DirecTV HD receiver
Roku Netflix receiver
Monoprice HDMI switcher (modified to reverse switcher from 2x1 to 1x2)
Olevia 255TFHD TV (55" LCD)
SharpVision DT-510 hd projector
Optoma DS-GWII9106P 106-Inch Pull Down Projector Screen
Klipsch Synergy F-3 Towers
Klipsch Synergy C-2 Center speaker
Klipsch Synergy S-1 Surround speakers

I am very, very happy with the way things are coming together.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Very nice setup. I really like the center channel mounted under your flat screen. Seems like the perfect spot for both the flat screen and the projector.

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Stewart

But that doesn't look like an AT screen. The screen seems to be blocking the center channel, which could cause issues with dialog. I'd consider lowering it or putting it where the equipment is and moving the equipment over to the inset on the right (bottom of the built in shelving). That will also eliminate the distraction of the lights from the equipment right below the screen.

lowcel

Grip
Real Name
Bruce
The latest pictures don't show it but the center speaker has been lowered and placed where the ps3 was. I'm moving the ps3 to the bookshelf once I get a longer hdmi cable.

lowcel

Grip
Real Name
Bruce
A few updated pictures.

Here is one with the screen retracted.

This one shows the center channel mounted lower so the screen doesn't interfere.

Here is the new sub behind the right tower.

Here is the projector mounted on the ceiling.

Here is my new toy, makes life much easier. Still haven't been able to get it to control the PS3 even though I have an IR converter thingy installed.

lowcel

Grip
Real Name
Bruce

That is right and wrong. Using the Nyko Blu-Wave dongle thingy you are able to use universal remotes with the PS3. After messing around with it last night for a little while I was able to get it to work. I just had to set the remote up to control the Nyko Blu-Wave instead of the PS3. It does everything except for turning the PS3 on and off. It's great!

lowcel

Grip
Real Name
Bruce
Just a quick update, the people at logitech set up a macro for me so now the harmony 880 will turn the ps3 off. It still won't turn it on but I'm okay with that!

Kevin Stewart

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Stewart
I use the IR2BT for my PS3 and my Harmony 880 can turn it on and off without a problem.

PS. You'll probably get better results out of your sub if you can figure out a way to get it off that cement platform and on to the carpeting.

lowcel

Grip
Real Name
Bruce
Thanks but I tried the sub on the carpet before and it didn't sound nearly as nice. I believe it was because it was further away from the corner. It sounds awesome where it is located now though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks