What's new

Living in Oblivion is coming (1 Viewer)

Ben Harpold

Agent
According to dvdfile, Living in Oblivion will be coming on Feb 11th. Hopefully it will have some extras. I know Tom DiCillo does do commentaries.

After this, all I need is Johnny Suede and Double Whammy (streeting 12/31) to complete my Dicillo collection.

Oh Happy day.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Excellent! This along with Glengarry Glen Ross were two of the last VHS I needed on DVD, along with Back To The Future of course. There goes the VCR!

Jodee

Screenwriter
It must be a dream sequence, there's a dwarf in it! :)
I love this movie.......

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Just picked this up yesterday at a well-known B&M chain. What's surprising is that 3 of the chain's stores all had copies out this weekend, but only 1 or 2 copies per. Hopefully this one won't be hard for everyone to find on 2/11...

Haven't watched it yet but looking forward to it-got rid of my VHS copy last year.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
It's got a director's commentary, one 2 min. deleted scene (cover actually says deleted "scenes"), a 16 minute interview with DiCillo and Buscemi from May of 2002 at a film event in NYC (pretty interesting), Widescreen only (of course), a few trailers from other films, and 2.0 sound only.

Picture looked the best I've seen it so far compared to the VHS and the IFC broadcast-sound was good but the rears were totally inactive.

I love the flick so I didn't mind spending $20...

"It must be a f**king dream....there's a f**king dwarf in it!"

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Yep-the disc lists Anamorphic. I don't have a 16:9 set so I can't say for sure, but the specs list it.

Jodee

Screenwriter
Just picked this up yesterday at a well-known B&M chain.
Thanks for the tip!

I found this today at my local big-box retailer. They had two copies out. I guess since it's a smaller catalog title they must have just received it early in their regular shipment and didn't knotice it had a 2/11 street date.

I never would have thought to look for it today. At $19.99 it was less than most on-line retailers, so I didn;t mind paying "full price" for it.

I think I'll start looking for my more obscure catalog titles early now. Who knows when they will slip out?

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
I kept looking for Money Pit early too, thinking that might be as hard to find as Predator 2 apparently is, but luckily BB had about 8 copies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks