What's new

Liveframe vs backlight (1 Viewer)

EduardoBonifaz

Stunt Coordinator
I recently visited the liveframe website. actually their sets look cool, but I don't know how do they look in real life, , I'd like to know if anybody of you guys has a liveframe set and what do you thionk about its influence on contrast and black levels, about this issue I painted the wall behind my TV set (51 inches widescreen), in a light grey tone, and installed a fluorescent lamp, used usually as emergency light, with the lights off except the lamp I find very pleasant the way colors, black level and contrast look, of course there's a lot of subjetivity here but I'd like to know your experience with this backlite or liveframe stuff.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
If you want my opinion, it's jsut an expensive way to con money out of the average consumer (they're in partnership with Bose, waht do you expect?). I'm sure with a little research, and some know how, you could make a comparable frame out of speaker cloth (can be found almost anywhere) and MDF. It would cost much less too.

Jack Shappa

Second Unit
Liveframe... heh heh... Go to the hardware store and fabric store and DIY. Don't waste your money on that retarded crap...

- Jack

MikeKaz

Stunt Coordinator
My favorite feature of liveframe, besides giving me "true contrast" is its ability to turn a bunch hicks eating their chips off the floor and drinking soda into champagne drinking, glass coffee table having, high end socialites. It also apparently reduces the size of your bald spot. I think liveframe will work great with the new Bose Lifestyle cubes I just ordered by clicking on the link on their site. :D

http://www.befocused.com/home3.htm

(Go to gallery and click on the top left box and look at the before and after pictures)

Ed*Wheaton

Agent
I have a set of big screen bookshelves with the "bridge" between them.I strung a set of rope lights from top corner to the other,behind the tv of course,and I found it made a great back light.

Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks