LiveFeed Video Imaging and the Kingston Trio... coming this summer!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Kevin Segura, Jun 24, 2006.

1. Kevin Segura

Kevin Segura Stunt Coordinator

Kevin Segura
    ...and believe me, I couldn't be happier. [​IMG]

For those who may fans of classic television (as well as folk music!), the upcoming PBS pledge drive documentary on the Kingston Trio titled "Wherever We May Go" will be the public debut of my kinescope restoration system, LiveFeed Video Imaging. I was fortunate enough to have been contacted earlier this year by the fine folks at Research Video to try my hand at processing a couple of clips that they wished to use in the show, and not only did the LiveFeed cuts pass muster, there's also a very small "before & after" promo piece that we've put together which will appear on the DVD version that will be offered through local PBS stations.

Broadcasts of the special will vary from city to city, depending on your local PBS station's telethon schedule, so please (as they say) check your local listings for the time and date in your area. At this point, I'm told it should be around July or August.

And, though I cannot release **any** other information now, I can also say that another LiveFeed Video Imaging project will be released later this year, in connection with a major classic television archive. Understandably, however, the production company and the distributor would like to strategically announce the title and release information, so I will, of course defer to their wishes. With whatever shred of modesty I may still possess, however, let me say that it should be a highly anticipated project, and we're all mighty pleased with the way it turned out.

More importantly, however, this will now permanently raise the bar with regard to the release of classic live television broadcasts. With a proven system now in place, there is no excuse for anyone to continue to issuing programs that simply look like old movies, nor should fans of those programs have to settle for that. Because that's not what Milton Berle, Sid Caesar, Jackie Gleason or a thousand other performers looked like when their shows were first aired... their shows were **live**, with all of the immediacy, fluid movement and image depth of a modern live broadcast-- and I assure you, once you see one that way, it dramatically changes the way you look at **all** of those shows.

And of course, the content providers love the new copyright status that the process gives their material (to paraphrase R.E.M., "It's the end of PD as we know it..."), so everybody wins.

Well, that's it really... I certainly don't want to SPAM the board, but I did want to let everyone know at the very least about the Kingston Trio program, so they can be sure to tune in-- and support public television!! [​IMG]

Enjoy the show!

-Kevin

2. Brian:C

Brian:C Stunt Coordinator

Hi Kevin. Do you have a website or e-mail contact. I have a few unrelated questions for you.

Brian

3. Kevin Segura

Kevin Segura Stunt Coordinator

Kevin Segura
    Brian--

You've got a PM...

-Kevin