What's new

Live Networking Questions (1 Viewer)

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
Chris - I just got done with a session of Mech Assault played upstairs with my computer downstairs and it was great! No performance difference whatsoever. This router/bridge combo is worth every penny of the $200 that I paid for it. I can now carry my XBox all over the house and connect to XBL. It's great! :D

David Glenn

Second Unit
Same linksys wireless setup here but with 2 floors separating the router and bridge. My wife and daughter surf the 2 desktops while I play xbox live or use the wireless card in my laptop with no problems.

There is an occasional loss in my live connection due to a DNS error but that's just do to my ISP going down. Sometimes I just need to power down/up my cable modem.

Romar Armas

Second Unit
:emoji_thumbsup:
Got the Linksys Wireless Router with 4pt switch and the WET11 connected to the Xbox. Everything plays great! Gotta love it!

Chris Gio

Agent
AWESOME! I'll be playin Live with you guys in two weeks from today. Thanks for the great news and input, I appreciate it. See ya around the forum! ;) :emoji_thumbsup:

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
Another question is involving the reliability of the WET11. Is it rather problematic? Or is it pretty consistant throughout your gameplay?
Mine has been stone reliable but I've only had it for a day. The only problem I've had is I can't get the web-based management to load. I enter the admin password and it just hangs. The software based app that comes on CD with the WET11 works fine, though.

The WET11 is a pretty cool thing, but it's priced the same as a WAP11 access point. You could just as easily buy a second WAP (provided it has at least one 10baseT port for your Xbox to plug into) and use it to bridge connectivity between your xbox and your main wireless access point.

I bought the WET because it's a little smaller in size and it fits better into my ultimate plan - to have a 5 port 10/100 switch with an XBox, PS2, Gamecube and HTPC connected and then the switch connected to the WET11, which will act as a bridge to the WAP/switch/router in the other room.

Home area networks rule.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks