What's new

Live Giant Squid photographed. (1 Viewer)

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Ah shit. And here I was thinking I'd be the first kid on my block to post the thread. :) :D

I'm always fascinated by stuff like this.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter
Amazing stuff - but why the delay in announcing ? This was done in 2004, and I still haven't seen the full video posted or shown anywhere. Doesn't make sense that a development of this magnitude was essentially "quashed"... my conspiracy senses are in overdrive...

Joe D

Supporting Actor
I also read that. This is a huge discovery of one of the most elusive creatures in the world.

I also wonder about the 2004 date though.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

They finished their research, they wrote a paper, they waited for it to get reviewed, it got published. They followed the "normal" route for publishing research instead of just announcing it.

Kirk Gunn

Screenwriter

Hmmm... seems to miss the hysteria we consistenly associate with big news. Not sure I like these kind of "normal" folk. :D

Hopefully the video will be available soon !

Steve Y

Supporting Actor
That's just plain cool. I think after seeing "20,000 Leagues Under The Sea" it made me a little terrified of giant squids.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Awesome! I guess the Japanese scientists were really hungry - too bad they didn't catch it - it would have fed the entire crew!

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member

I was thinking the same thing until I heard that giant/colossal squid meat is supposedly high in ammonia that it would be like eating Solid Windex.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray
Well they did apparently get a chunk of one of it's tentacles.....mmmmm, ammonia n' garlic-butter......that's good eatin.

:)........and what image doesn't among shuttered in squid experts?

Jay Taylor

Supporting Actor
What ever happened to the good old days when giant squids came to the surface & dragged sailing ships down?

Oh wait... maybe those were Giant Octopus... uhhh Octopi... uhhh Octopussies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks