What's new

Live at Knebworth - anyone??? (1 Viewer)

Brian Elwood

Stunt Coordinator
Paul McCartney, Phil Collins, Pink Floyd, Eric Clapton, Elton John, Mark Knopfler, Robert Plant, Jimmy Page, Status Quo, Tears For Fears and Cliff Richard & The Shadows. The 2002 DVD edition features a new 5.1 Dolby Surround and DTS sound mix.

Seems like a bunch of artists that people have heard of ;)

Anybody have it??

Tim Fennell

Stunt Coordinator
This is Knebworth 90 right? I recorded part of it when it was replayed on MTV. I watched it for the Plant set because Jimmy Page came out to do Wearing and Tearing if I remember correctly.

The show was pretty good. I suspect the DD/DTD soundtrack would be quite an improvement over my VHS sound.

I'll have to try to find the tape and see how it looks. I remember thinking it was good at the time.

Tim

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
You forget to mention Genesis and Candy Dulfer during the Pink Floyd set....

Have to dig out my laserdiscs now.

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
The DVD is an amalgam of 3 separate programs. Actually I was disappointed in the 5.1 mix.

Oddly enough, there are several track variations between the double-CD vs. the DVD - not simply an abbreviated version of the video versions, there are exclusive tracks to both the CD and home versions.

Part of Paul's Knebworth appearance is also found on "Tripping The Live Fantastic"

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler

You are correct. I remember taping the Floyd and Page/Plant performances when they aired in 90/91.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I was at the show and still have my ticket stub! It was better in person despite it being a long, cold, rainy day. I remember being surprised how many Status Quo fans there were (and they played the longest set of the day).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks