What's new

Live Aid II announcement (1 Viewer)

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
From that article:

""We are talking to every act that ever picked up a guitar or sang into a microphone," the spokesman said."

My eighth grade buddies and I used to play in my basement - I'll sit by the phone and wait for the spokesman's call! :D

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
They're stressing in the British press that this is not called Live Aid 2 & they don't want the name attached.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
rumor around philly says genisis will reform for this.

phil collins version.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Considering all the talk from Geldof that "This isn't Live Aid 2", you'd have to question the use of this logo for the event...it certainly "reminds" me of Live Aid!

(hope that worked...never posted a pic before...)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member

So far I've heard rumours of Genesis, Pink Floyd & the Spice Girls all reforming for this. Can't possibly all happen.

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
Just saw this on Today yesterday morning.
Geldoff is pushing it as political awareness as opposed to a fundraiser. He is also wanting the concerts to end with a million person march on Washington.

The acts mentioned in the segment were U2, Paul Mcartney, Elton John, Will Smith and Maroon 5.

CraigL

Screenwriter
The only act I'm interested in seeing (madonna) is in London so it looks like I'll be staying home to watch this one. Besides, man, the music of the 80's is still a helluva lot better than the crap that's out today. I feel like this is the Woodstock concert that took place a decade ago or whenever it was.

TommyJD

Stunt Coordinator
The confirmed artists so far (is it me or does it seem to pale compared to Live Aid 1 artists list?)

THE CONCERTS (artists listed in alphabetical order):

Hyde Park, London:
Mariah Carey
Coldplay
The Cure
Dido
Keane
The Killers
Elton John
Annie Lennox
Madonna
Paul McCartney
Muse
Razorlight
Scissor Sisters
Stereophonics
Sting
Joss Stone
Robbie Williams
R.E.M.
U2
Velvet Revolver
Bob Geldof
Snow Patrol

The Museum Of Art, Philadelphia:
Will Smith (host)
Bon Jovi,
Sean "P. Diddy" Combs
50 Cent
Jay-Z
Kaiser Chiefs
Maroon 5
The Dave Matthews Band
Sarah McLachlan
Rob Thomas
Keith Urban
Stevie Wonder

The Eiffel Tower, Paris:
Axelle Red
Andrea Bocelli
Calo Gero
Manu Chao
Craig David
Johnny Halliday
Jamiroquai
Kyo
Youssou N'Dour
Yannick Noah
Placebo
Renaud

The Brandenburg Gate, Berlin:
A-ha
Bap
Crosby, Stills & Nash
Lauryn Hill
Peter Maffay
Die Toten Hosen
Brian Wilson

The Circus Maximus, Rome:
Duran Duran
Irene Grandi
Faith Hill
Jovanotti
Tim McGraw
Nek
Laura Pasini
Vasco Rossi
Zucchero

Runar_R

Second Unit

I'm betting this is why Geldof & Co were reluctant to connect it to Live Aid in the first place. Because, frankly it could never get as good as the first time.

Anyhow, I think the list is fairly impressive. Particulary the London lineup. And it's not a complete list yet

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
I'm not trying to thread crap, and there are some potentially good individual acts in the line up, but am I the only one to think that overall a high proportion of the acts suck big time? The usual collection of old faces who should have retired whilst they still had some dignity and a handful of here today gone tommorrow one hit wonders.

I don't know how much of this the American media have picked up on, but Bob Geldof is being criticised over here for the impracticality of some of arguments and the events associated with the event. [I originally posted details of some of these, but on reflection I fear that it may be too politically-oriented so I've edited this message. I'm happy to go into details provided people only want it for cultural information and aren't going to hijack it into a political debate].

Runar_R

Second Unit

I really don't see this........ Which of the acts do you think fall into the "old faces who should have retired whilst they still had some dignity"-category? CSN, Paul McCartney, Sting, Annie Lennox, Duran Duran, Bon Jovi?
And who do you consider the "handful of here today gone tommorrow one hit wonders"?
I think it looks like a good mix. There's quite a few of the bands I'm no fan of, but there's not one single act that REALLY stands out as an eye-sore (that is, if the whole SPICE-GIRLS 'reunion' isn't happening.....)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks