What's new

Little Rascals on AMC! (1 Viewer)

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Every weekday at 5:30 PM CST, and I think sometime during the morning, AMC is broadcasting The Little Rascals (Our Gang to some). Finally, some quality television! I grew up with the Little Rascals. I thought I had seen them all but already there have been a couple shorts I have never seen before. Still as funny as I remember them.
Now, if only some station would start broadcasting Laurel & Hardy feature length films, I will be one happy camper.
------------------
They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!
- Napoleon XIV

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I also recently noticed AMC showing these classic shorts. I too grew up watching them, and they are still as entertaining now as they were then. :)
------------------
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
However, the bad news is that apparently several of the Little Rascals shorts airing on AMC are edited for ('politically incorrect') content, and some shorts (i.e. THE KID FROM BORNEO (one of the funniest in the entire run of the series), LITTLE DADDY, A TOUGH WINTER) have been eliminated from this tv package. The fault isn't all AMC's...some/all of these decisions were likely the work of TV distributor King World.
On the bright side, it's still good that the shorts are available again on tv for a wide audience to see. I just thank my lucky stars that I bought all the Little Rascals LD box sets released by Cabin Fever, containing uncut prints of all the Hal Roach sound-era shorts, when they first came out. Too bad AMC isn't running any of the silent-era shorts, though. Hopefully they'll bring back Laurel & Hardy someday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks