What's new

Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland info? (1 Viewer)

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
I was searching to see if this fabulous animated film had been released on DVD yet. It looks as if it is coming out soon. however, in my searches, the only thing that turns up is a title and a release date. The date stated on Amazon is September 14, while DVD Empire says it will be released on October 5.

Does anyone know anything more specific about this forgotten classic?

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
Willard, I think he's referring to the more recent (~15 years) feature length film animated in Japan.

But folks, I second the recommendation for the original stuff by the great animation pioneer. Check the link!

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
This movie was the bomb...or so I remember it being fun.

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
yeah, I was referring to the Japanese film. Sorry for not clarifying. But judging from the posts, thats all the info that anyone has then. keep your eyes peeled though please. :)

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
Thought I'd update this with a bit of a review, in case people missed the fact that this film is finally available in R1:

The film is anamorphic widescreen (though there is no mention of it on the cover) thank god!
only Dolby Digital 5.1 and Stereo audio options (only English)
There are no subtitles (none!)
extras are essentially non-existant (unless you want to count a how-to make your own scepter craft project and the nightmare protection incantation)

Print itself has slight damage/dust on it, looks like a barebones effort on a film they(Funimation) didn't really care about (shame).

note: BB lists the run time as 60 min. Even though it is listed on the box as being 100 min.

Bottomline: Barebones presentation at barebones price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks