What's new

Little nagging XP problems (1 Viewer)

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Hope someone can help me here, as I haven't had this XP computer long. I've updated Windows, but now:

Everytime I shut down I get an error box:

DDCMAN.EXE application error
(then it lists a memmory location that cannot be read, a whole bunch of gobblelygook to me)

Also, does XP have a backup application, like WIN98 did? Boy, I can't find it. When I tried to restore a directory from a WIN98 PC to this XP PC using a CD-RW with a QIC file, it had no idea what to do and neither did I.

Any help appreciated.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
Get AdAware v6 if you don't already have it. (http://www.lavasoftusa.com)

DDCMAN is a spyware "game manager" from WildTangent called the Digital Distribution Channel and is used to collect customer data through the playing of on-line games from WildTangent.

StephenL

Second Unit
The backup utility is not included in the default installation of Windows XP home edition. I found information about installing it, but there may be some problems using it with XP home edition. I've haven't tried it because I'm using Veritas Simple Backup, which came with my DVD burner.

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/win_xp_backup.htm

Julian Reville

Screenwriter
Thanks guys.

Disabling Games Channel (which I don't use) seemed to stop the error message. I did manage to move a program from a WIN98 computer to the XP computer using the Transfer Wizard, but then the program didn't seem to like XP very much (or vice versa).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks