What's new

Little Mermaid 2 SE - Liner Booklet/Card? (1 Viewer)

Real Name
Paul
The Special Editions of Little Mermaid 1 & 3 both came with liner booklets/cards inside, but my Little Mermaid 2 Special Edition DVD didn't. Was it supposed to come with a booklet/card?

Real Name
Paul
I don't mean to be a pain, but it's been a week since I posted my query, and I was hoping that someone could answer my question. I know that The Little Mermaid 2 isn't a "big" title like The Dark Knight or Iron Man, but surely I'm not the only one who bought it. There has to at least be one other person here who got it...either in the 3-movie box set or to complete their Little Mermaid DVD collection. It just seemed really odd to me for Disney to include a booklet/card in the first and third movies, but not in the second.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
My guess would be that there was one and they just 'discontinued' it at some point. I would call the Disney customer service number on the disc and ask if they can send you one. I picked up Lost: Season Four back when it came out and there was no booklet and they sent me one in a week or so.

The worst that can happen is that they say no.

Real Name
Paul
TravisR, I took your advice and e-mailed Disney via their DisneyStudiosHelp.com website. (Thank goodness they had a Contact Us form. More studios should have them.) This is what they had to say.

Reading through all of the pre-written fluff, I find the sentences, "A small number of titles were released without a printed DVD guide. This title did not include a DVD guide." I don't know what to make of the first sentence - it surely sounds like the situation you describe, where there were originally booklets/cards included, and then they stopped them - but the second sentence makes it perfectly clear that The Little Mermaid 2 wasn't supposed to come with a booklet/card.

So, I guess that answers that...even though I still find it odd that the first and third movies had them, but not the second movie :)

Matthew Clayton

Stunt Coordinator
Disney's done cost-cutting measures like this before -- in 2003, they got rid of chapter inserts for quite a few titles (Gangs of New York and The Jungle Book 2 for one) but reinstated them after customers complained.

Disney didn't include any chapter inserts for their Wall-E or Prince Caspian releases either. If you really want a chapter insert for TLM 2, you'd probably be better off finding the OOP original disc and use that insert instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks