What's new

Little known movies or cult movies I want on DVD (1 Viewer)

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Who currently owns the rights to the 1985 film Bridge Across Time (aka Terror at London Bridge), which stars David Hasselholf?

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Cross Bronx (2004) - stars James Badge Dale
Nola (2003) - stars James Badge Dale
Out of These Rooms (2000) - stars Robert Patrick and Barbara Patrick
Something in the Clearing (2006) - stars Luke Goss.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Body Fever (1969) - directed by Ray Dennis Stickler
The Gentle Rain (1966) - stars Christopher George and Lynda Day George.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Originally Posted by Rob P S
Au revoir les enfants
Electric Dreams
Hardbodies
King of the Hill
Meatballs Part II
Megaforce
Mischief
Moving Violations
Rhinestone
School Spirit
Screen Test
Six Pack
Six Weeks
Spring Break
Terror in the Aisles
Turk 182!
Up the Creek
This is a good list. Rhinestone/Turk 182!/Six Pack... I'd love to have those in any form.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Would Terror in the Aisles (1984) be difficult to release on DVD, because of all the movie clips in the film?

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
I've been on a Deliverance kick since watching Code Red's DVD of Rituals so I'm digging up all my "man-vs.-nature (or hillbilly)-themed movies to watch. "Hunter's Blood", from 1986, was better than I remembered, although it has a bit of a movie-of-the-week feel to it despite a couple of gory tidbits. This had a Concorde logo - I wonder if it's the same as New Concorde - Roger Corman's company. It would make a nice Shout Factory DVD if they've got the rights. Humongous (1981) is another oddity I'd like to see resurrected. My old tape has become unwatchable.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Luisito34
I've been on a Deliverance kick since watching Code Red's DVD of Rituals so I'm digging up all my "man-vs.-nature (or hillbilly)-themed movies to watch. "Hunter's Blood", from 1986, was better than I remembered, although it has a bit of a movie-of-the-week feel to it despite a couple of gory tidbits. This had a Concorde logo - I wonder if it's the same as New Concorde - Roger Corman's company. It would make a nice Shout Factory DVD if they've got the rights.
Ask Cliff Mac in the Shout! Factory thread about Hunter's Blood (1986). Has a good cast (Sam Bottoms, Kim Delaney, Clu Gulager, Ken Swofford, Bruce Glover (Diamonds Are Forever), Billy Drago, Charles Cyphers (Halloween), Eugene Robert Glazer (La Femme Nikita) and Billy Bob Thornton).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Out of Order (1984) - a thriller about a group of people who are stuck in a lift over a weekend (the synopsis on the film's IMDb page sounds better than that).

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by Rob P S
Terror in the Aisles
Terror in the Aisles will be included as an extra on Universal's 30th anniversary Blu-ray release of Halloween II (1981). Check the thread about Halloween II and Halloween III: Season of the Witch in the Blu-ray folder about the discussion on Terror in the Aisles.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Has anyone here got Drive-In Massacre (1977) on DVD? It was released by a DVD distributor called Cheezy Flicks Entertainment in 2007. The aspect ratio stated on the title's Amazon.com listing page is 1.33:1. The film's IMDb technical specifications page it says the intended ratio was 1.85:1, but IMDb (like Amazon) does sometimes have incorrect aspect ratio info for some films.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
WaveCrest said:
Has anyone here got Drive-In Massacre (1977) on DVD? It was released by a DVD distributor called Cheezy Flicks Entertainment in 2007. The aspect ratio stated on the title's Amazon.com listing page is 1.33:1. The film's IMDb technical specifications page it says the intended ratio was 1.85:1, but IMDb (like Amazon) does sometimes have incorrect aspect ratio info for some films.
They are known to released unauthorized DVDs of films.
Not sure if that is the case here, but they have been known to be one of "Those" companies to release pressed discs on titles they didn't have rights to.

Porfirio

Second Unit
I don't know who holds the rights to this PRISM Entertainment release, but I'd like to see a DVD release of:
Hot Child In The City

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Porfirio said:
I don't know who holds the rights to this PRISM Entertainment release, but I'd like to see a DVD release of:
Hot Child In The City
PRISM! There's a label I haven't thought about in years!

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Originally Posted by DeWilson
They are known to released unauthorized DVDs of films.
Not sure if that is the case here, but they have been known to be one of "Those" companies to release pressed discs on titles they didn't have rights to.

Thanks for your reply. I'll pass on that film until someone else releases it.

BrianRi

Stunt Coordinator
MY SON JOHN (1952): Anti-Commie flick starring Robert (STRANGERS ON A TRAIN) Walker, and directed by Leo (GOING MY WAY) McCarey. Walker's last film.
HANDS UP (1926): Best film of forgotten comedian Raymond Griffith.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
White of the Eye (1987) - stars David Keith, Cathy Moriarty, Alan Rosenburg and Alberta Watson.

AnthonyP

Stunt Coordinator
Addiction, The (1995)
Angel Baby (1995)
Baby of Mâcon, The (1993)
Big Man on Campus (1989)
Calendar Girl (1993)
Closet Land (1991)
Coldblooded (1995)
Competition, The (1980)
Final Approach (1991)
First Love, Last Rites (1997)
Krays, The (1990)
Lost Angels (1989)
Mindwalk (1990)
Music of Chance, The (1993)
Niagara, Niagara (1997)
Ruby in Paradise (1993)
Silence Like Glass (1989)
subUrbia (1996)
Tollbooth (1994)
Trust (1990)
Until the End of the World (1991)
Whale Music (1994)
What Happened Was... (1994)
Wings of Fame (1990)

Steve Armbrust

Second Unit
Still waiting for:
Split Image (1982) -- with Michael O'Keefe, Karen Allen, Peter Fonda, and James Woods
Polygram and Embassy Home Entertainment
Apparently still in rights limbo after all these years.

WaveCrest

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
Is the John Lithgow film Resting Place (1986) available on DVD in anamorphic widescreen? Have checked Amazon.com and there are two releases, both released by Echo Bridge (one title on it's own in 2004 and as a double feature with The Terror (1963) in 2008). It states the aspect ratio is 1.33:1. Now Amazon.com aren't always correct with the aspect ratio information on their listing pages. No aspect ratio information is stated on it's IMDb technical details page (but the IMDb aren't always correct with their aspect ratio information either). Did Resting Place have a limited theatrical release in the US in 1986? No release date is stated on it's IMDb release dates page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks