What's new

Little House Season 4 impressions? (1 Viewer)

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
Any good/bad reviews from any forum members?

I have watched the first 2 discs and thought it was pretty good. Some of the transitions were pretty abrupt and the contrast was off on one of the opening title sequences. But I am really glad to have it that's for sure.

My one question though. How did Lindsey Sydney Greenbush (Carrie) get her face on the box before Karen Grassle (Caroline)?

Ben_D

Agent

Well, you know it's either Lindsay OR Sidney, since they're twins, right?

But I'm with you: I'd be happy if Karen Grassle's face were alone the side of EVERY season. Ma rules.

Harold Wazzu

Supporting Actor
You know, I knew there were twins, but I guess I never caught on that they put both of their first names together. Cool I guess.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I haven't bought mine yet. Actually, I have the first three, but haven't finished watching even the first season yet. I think it's because I had been watching Little House in order in syndication for about a year before the discs came out, and it was all too fresh. I love having them, though.

As I said, I haven't seen any of the seasons beyond one, but I am disappointed by some of the mixed reviews the sets have been getting in terms of PQ. Still, it's a small outfit, and they have been doing a pretty good job all things considered, as far as I can tell. Sometimes, I think we expect too much. :)

ChrisRose

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone have links to some of these "mixed reviews"? I'm curious now...

I haven't watched mine yet - for the same reason as Greg_S_H ...recent syndication viewing. :) But I'm very glad to see Little House released in season sets.

And it's great that they're committed to releasing the whole series! Seems with a lot of TV shows the attitude is, "Well, if this season sells really well, maaaaybe we'll give you the next season on DVD too. But we're gonna make you beg for it! And for the season after that! No guarantees...nyah nyah!"

It's nice to not have to worry about that for a change. My Little House DVD collection will be complete! :)

ScottRichard

Second Unit
Real Name
Scott
There's a lot of reviews on Amazon for the sets that have been released. I keep trying not to be, but I can't help being somewhat disappointed in these sets so far. I don't consider myself super picky, but the picture quality on some of the episodes looks pretty bad to me, and the thing that is bugging me the most is the fact that many episodes are cut. Some episodes run a little over 45 minutes and others are at least 47 minutes! I know the boxes say that some scenes were damaged, every effort has been made to present them complete, etc... but I just have to wonder how so many of them were that damaged or if some of the prints being used are from syndication. I know a lot of people, as far as picture quality, say that the show is 30 years old, but I've seen a lot better quality for shows that are much older than that and without major restoration. I really hate feeling this way because I love this show. I guess I just wish they had done a little better with them, but there are many pluses: the overall picture quality is still better than on tv, the episodes with missing scenes still aren't missing as much as is normally cut for syndication, they do seem to get better in many ways with each release (scene indexes, opening music before each show), and they will be releasing the entire series. I guess I just needed to get this off my chest!

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
One place I've seen mixed reviews is the official site for the DVDs. Yeah, I know it's just forum denizens talking ;), but they do seem to know what they're taking about in regards to missing scenes and incorrect episode order. I guess the bottom line is: these are inexpensive and better quality than the old syndication prints. There's not too much room to complain. I get to thinking of a post Ernest Rister made about complaining about DVDs, and I start to feel bad. :)

One thing I'll say is that this company is very responsive to complaints and concerns. They left off the opening credits on the first two seasons, and acted to correct that immediately when they heard from customers that those credits were very much desired. Also, I believe they have added chapter stops and other requested features, though I have yet to see that (or the opening credits, actually) for myself.

Little House DVD homepage:

http://www.imavision.com/lhop/eStore...meNoFlash.html

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks