What's new

Little House On The Prairie-Complete series Box? (1 Viewer)

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I might be willing to buy seasons 6-finale for a reasonable price if someone wants to sell and they have proven honesty on the forum here. I haven't priced these around yet though. But I'd just like the whole show in complete.

I started watching season 1 recently and they go down better the second time IMO.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Give me your bank account and address and I'll send you half of an African prince's fortune and seasons six through the finale.

Chas_Michael

Second Unit

thanks. Region 2. I don't have an all region player. Too bad for me.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I guess I'm stuck with what I have.

RichieMagoo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richie
I don't know what it is- my LHOTP DVDs are about the only DVDs I own that I have complaints about (I don't just complain about the DVD quality- but the show itself- for being so historically inaccurate; for having more tragedies befall the characters- especially Mary- than could happen to any human being in a lifetime, etc.)

There are eps I can't watch- like the one where Laura's dog dies...and then she's cruel to the new one at 1st. -or the one where Carolyn's mother shows up dead on arrival in the back of the wagon when the parents were coming to visit the Ingalls....

But yet, I can't bring myself to part with this show!

But then again.... (I think I've got a love/hate thing going on with this show....)

[Radioman looks up my username on Ebay, just in case] :D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

I hoped you wouldn't ask. Yes, I have to admit, season 7 won't play at all and the rest have a few discs missing here and there. Still, it's a good deal, right?

:P

RichieMagoo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richie

Yeah....but going blind was about the only tragedy to befall the real Mary- who was a spinster in real-life. Not that I care whether or not the show stayed true to the books...but I think they did go a little overboard with the drama and tragedies- and needlessly so, because in my opinion, the best shows were the light, humorous ones involving Mrs. Oleson. (Another fictional character).

I'm not usually a stickler about such things...but, like, in the ep where they all get telephones- ...it's just preposterous that a bunch of poor, isolated Minnesota farmers would have telephones in the 1880's. Stuff like that just kinda ruins the realityu of the show.

But yet, I love the values expressed in the show...and the lifestyle portrayed...and the beautiful scenery.....

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
:crazy:

Yeah it is!! I was just trying to get 60% of the prince fortune out of you!! :laugh:

*PMs band account numbers, 3 major credits #, ss# and mom's maiden name*

Now, dont' forget to insure that for $30,000,000!!

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Yeah, some of those are do depressing. Oddly, those are the ones I like the best. They show that you can overcome the worst events in your life. The one about the plague when everybody is dying the reverend became a really strong character at that point. I'm certianly not the most religious, but I thought the character said the right things when comforting people.

I remember the one about Jack dying. That was very sad. But I liked how they did that. With laura being angry.

Hey, I'll look it up! But that's quite a bonus Greg is including. ;)

RichieMagoo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richie

Or how about the bumbling crooks who kidnap Mr. Oleson? That was just pathetic! What was Michael Landon smoking when they made that?!

...or the one where Pa accompanies the dying kid to the west coast to see the ocean- uh-huh...yeah....yeah...just abandonning his farm and family for over a month...and leaving the rented horses abandonned at the train station!

It's a shame- because the show is so good in so many ways...and a great show for kids to watch, too- but it really gives a distorted view of history- and they could have made it more accurate and not as outlandish, without hurting the show at all.

RichieMagoo

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richie

Aww. Greg-schmeg! Ya know I'd throw in some dry-ice packed steaks for Goldie..... (which of course would raise the shipping cost just a tad- like to $100) -and I'll even up the ante by throwing in some hens teeth and sailboat fuel!!

Hehe...yeah, I do love how they developed the Rev. Alden character- and Doc Baker, too. The plague ep wasn't too bad- I came away with the same overall opinion that you stated. It was well done and not overly burdensome.

How do you feel about the ep where Carolyn goes to that tent city to assist Doc Baker in another town, with all them dying people? (I think that was the one where Carolyn gives the dead ladies baby to another couple)-

Gotta say...this show really runs the gammut. Everything from dark tragedies to silly comedy! (The stuff in between though, was the best, IMHO)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Wasn't the plague one in the first season? I never paid attention, but it's probably like a lot of shows where it got more preposterous as it went on. I liked it all the way through, though there are naturally episodes I like better than others.

For good ones, how about the entire run where Laura lost Bunny to Nellie, stole it back, and ended up with Pa having to put it down? And, the classic Gift of the Magi Christmas episode. And the one where the baby died and Laura ran away.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

I don't know that I've seen the ending. A local station was playing it in order a few years back, but they stopped somewhere in the middle of the last season. I don't think I've seen the final movie.

Ron Lee Green

Screenwriter
I watched Little House On The Prairie during its original run. It was one of my favorite shows as a kid but I haven't watched it in years. However, all this talk about the show makes me want to re-visit it all over again -- despite the bad news about the video and audio troubles on the dvds. I'll still probably end up buying the complete set at some point, but they are going to have to come way down on the price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks