What's new

Little help? (1 Viewer)

RalphH

Auditioning
I am upgrading my current system (older Sony Pro-logic receiver & cheap KLH surround sound system), and am building the subwoofer. I prefer not to have a powered sub, but I'm having a hard time trying to find a receiver with an amplified sub channel. My current configuration runs from the front channel output, through the sub, & out to the front speakers. If I do this with my new set-up (different room/different speaker positions), I'll have to use a couple hundred feet of speaker wire & spend a lot of time crawling around in a blown insulation laden attic.

Are there any receivers with amplified outputs for a sub at a fairly reasonable price that someone could recommend, or would I be better off just building a powered sub?

Thanks for any help,

Ralph

Jonathan DA

Screenwriter
Is there a reason you don't want a powered sub? The only difference between a powered sub and having an amplified sub channel in a receiver is the physical location of the amplifier. To that point, I personally have never seen a receiver with an amplified sub output. Line level out to a separate sub amp, either in the sub cabinet or stand alone, is the status quo.
Jonathan

RalphH

Auditioning
Actually, the main difference between a powered & non-powered sub is about $100 minimum. But you answered my question, and that's all I really wanted.

Thanks,

Ralph

JackS

Supporting Actor
A couple of years ago Technics had a model with a amped sub out. With the intro of multichannel beyond 5.1, this feature is probably no longer available.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks