Little help with picture all of a sudden getting darker??

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Mike Mace, Nov 30, 2003.

1. Mike Mace

Mike Mace Stunt Coordinator

Ok, I'm pretty stressed out right now because I'm a little worried about my tv. I presently have a hitachi 57" widescreen running in the living room....went in there where my girlfriend is watching tv and the picture seemed darker?? I checked the contrast/brightness controls and they seem to be in the same spot i set them too after running the dvd essentials program. The comcast onscreen menus are different colored now too, like they are darker too.

The set is only about a year old and I think something is messed up in there. The same thing happened to a little 27" set I had before the hitachi. It all of a sudden got darker and then I had to turn up the brightness to compensate. Could this be a problem with the line coming in doing damage to the set? I really hope something isn't wrong with the tv, but I really don't know what to do...Guess I'll be calling up circuit city tomorrow to have them come out and look at it or something.

Any info anyone can provide or knowledge of similar problems would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

2. Ken Custodio

Ken Custodio Second Unit

Does it get brighter or go back to normal if you turn the tv off then back on?

My tv seems to get darker when I switch video inputs while on a 1080i broadcast to my dvd component input and then back to the 1080i channel. But when I turn it off then back on it clears it up.

3. Mike Mace

Mike Mace Stunt Coordinator

I've turned it on and off again, unplugged it, and tried to play a dvd on another input. All are darker...and seem to have a little bit of a reddish tint to them.

Can any kind of signal/surge enter a set through the cable coming from the wall? It is the only thing I don't have running through my panamax because when I had it hooked up my comcast box wouldn't operate properly. Almost like it couldn't communicate with the comcast "base". I kept on getting a message that I wasn't subscribed to the digital channels so I figured the panamax wouldn't work with it unless i got one that was for use with the satellite signals or something.