What's new

little help with bracing (1 Viewer)

Dave_Gib

Stunt Coordinator
Do you think the hole is big enough. The braces don't go all the way to the back corner, or all the way out to the side corners, but is the hole in the middle big enough, it's about 4.5 inches in diameter, I could cut another one right behind it if necessary. Where the braces need to be for support isn't where they would need to be to divide the box into 4 equal chambers.

Dave

bobbyg2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bobby Geiser
Shouldn't it be the same size as the port tube? To keep it tuned to the certain frequency?

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I would have made it bigger but I don't think it will be a problem. It looks like you will have 4 identical drivers. Each one should be creating the same pressure in its own section of the enclosure. There should be little or now air flow between chambers.

-Robert

Mattak

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like the two end "chambers" are quite a bit bigger than the middle two. Personally I wouldn't restrict them that much...leaving at least the SD of a driver available.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks