Lite-On LVD-2001 problem

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Scott C Smith, Dec 27, 2003.

1. Scott C Smith

Scott C Smith Auditioning

Hi all,
    I had 2.29 firmware on my lvd and I noticed at certain points in certain movies where there were real bright sequences...the video gets all distorted for the amount of time that sequence is going on. I am watching my movies in 1080i...so I thought it was the macrovision being turned off...so I re-enabled it. Still does the same thing.

I put in Terminator...the scene where Arnold first arrives with all the lightning and stuff...and the screen gets all distorted but then goes back to normal once that scene is over with the brightness. I upgraded my firmware to the 3.01 version thinking maybe it was a firmware issue but it still does the same thing. It also did the video distortion in the Xmen2 movie where there were real bright sequences. Any thing that I could do to fix this? Any help would be appreciated.

Scott

2. Don_Berg

Don_Berg Supporting Actor

Avoid those cheap Litone players, get a real top-rated Faroujda based player like the Denon DVD-1600.

3. Jason*H

Jason*H Agent

Don quit being so ungodly negative about these new players. I bet there is a reason he went with a player that cost $150 instead of a player the cost $500. I have a sigma based player and love it. Im sure it doesn't beat a $500+ player but PQ on my player and Mitsubishi WS-65511 looks astounding to me. Scott I wish I could help you more but I cant I don't have the LVD 2001. I would suggest a different firmware or continuing to ask around.

4. Nathan_R

Nathan_R Supporting Actor

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I'm having the same or similar problem as Scott with my Norcent clone. My distortion looks like a sync flicker (i.e. when one changes the scan rate on his tv). It only happens in quick dark-to-bright transitions.

I thought my player had gone bad, so I picked up the Zenith DVB318 last week, which has the same exact problem. After seeing this issue on two different players, I'm starting to think it's my tv. I'm using a Panny PT-56WXF95.

Scott, if you're still around, what's your display? Anyone else having this issue? I read on AVS about sync issues between the x1 and dvb318, but the effect is a blue screen, rather than a flicker.

5. Nathan_R

Nathan_R Supporting Actor

Woo-hoo-- I resolved my problem! Turns out I had not one, but two bad component cables. Thank you, GE! Aside from the flicker, my black levels significantly improved, as well.