What's new

Listings of Incorrect Guide Data For Series By Tribune Media Services/How To Correct Errors? (1 Viewer)

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator
Greetings All,

From time to time for several years, I have seen major programing errors in my program guide. Although I am serviced my Time Warner Cable, I have learned that the Guide Data is programmed through a company called Tribune Media Services, and every year when I see certain series show up with program descriptions, they are very glaringly obvious and have never been corrected. Here are some examples:

[SIZE= 16px]Known TV Guide Program Description Errors:[/SIZE]

STILL STANDING: "Still Cheering": "Bill and Judy have a hard time accepting the fact that Taylor wants to be a cheerleader." Before I saw this episode, I was wondering what this was about? The error is that they use Brian's actor name (Taylor Ball) instead of saying "Brian" which is the obvious correction.

There is another episode where "Judy's" name is spelled, "Judi" instead of "Judy."

LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE:Barn Burner": "A bigot is accused of torching a barn and assaulting Adam. Obviously, it is Andy who is hit by Mr. Larabee when Mr. Larabee comes to the Garvey's home enraged asking where Johnathon is.

BOWE-HOLYFIELD I: Every time this championship fight is shown on ESPN Classic, or ESPN the date is listed wrong as December 13, 1992. It should be November 13, 1992.

VERNON FORREST vs. ANTONIO TARVER: Always shows up listed as originally broadcast on December 1, 2007. The problem is a check of a boxing records database shows that not only is the date wrong, but neither fighter ever fought each other!

Please feel free to contact Tribune Media Services with these listing errors. I tried, but could not find a direct contact for them. I figure that the more of us who do it, the easier it might be to correct their database so that the guide can reflect the proper information that reflects the program content being shown.

Jack

Jack Platt

Stunt Coordinator
I sent e-mail so they have received this information.

Don't know how long it will take to correct, or the processes involved.

Jack

TMS2010

Auditioning
Real Name
Tribune Media Services
Dear Sir:

Thank you for your input. We have updated our listings accordingly.

Sincerely,

Tribune Media Services

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
TMS2010:

Welcome to the forum. Thanks for your response and action taken in regards to the above issue. It is nice to know that your service is there to respond

to your customers.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks