What's new

Listing of Disney release dates for the next 18 months! (1 Viewer)

Thomas Hart

Stunt Coordinator
I'm hoping this is an incomplete list for the next year and a half, since Disney's classic pre-80's live-action line-up (with the exception of "Mary Poppins" SE) looks pretty much D.O.A.

I see now why they dropped the VAULT DISNEY 2-Disc collection name. Not much of a collection if you slowly stop releasing titles.
2002: 4 titles :D
2003: 2 titles :)
2004: 1 title? :frowning:

Plus I heard (rumors) that a "Freaky Friday" special edition DVD was in the works, to coincide with the new remake release. Any news on that?

Mark-W

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Nick-

Yea, I remember the buzz about the shareholder's conference, and how it (thankfully) sounded like the mouse
is making a wise revamping of the Platinum schedule. And I wasn't implying Ron's prior info was faulty, only that
Buena Vista seems to be changing things, including
release schedules a lot, and I don't think I'll get
too-too excited until I see an official release date
schedule from them...

I, too, hope Lilo & Stitch is getting
the 2 disc special edition it deserved in the first
place, and, its team of animators and directors were
promised and prepared bonus materials for....

Mark

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I am concerned about PINOCCHIO, which simply had a poor release a few years back and is now OOP. This was rumored as an upcoming special edition. Suddenly, the Platinum series receives a makeover and PINOCCHIO is added to the royal list. But does that mean we now have to wait for seven years to see it done? Or might it take up the so-far-empty Platinum Edition slot which should now exist between LION KING and ALADDIN...?

CharlesD

Screenwriter
I'm hoping this is an incomplete list for the next year and a half, since Disney's classic pre-80's live-action line-up (with the exception of "Mary Poppins" SE) looks pretty much D.O.A.
This looks like a very sparse list for 18 months worth of release. And what about all those pre-80s live action flicks? Are they EVER going to make onto DVD. I hope Disney releases many more DVDs in the next 18 months than those listed.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
The only ones I want are Lion King, Finding Nemo, and Aladdin. What's up with this Lion King 1.5 crap though. I am really beginning to hate Disney and their re-release strategy and moratoriums.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks