Listing of 16x9/anamorphic TRAILERS anywhere?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Matt_Stevens, Aug 30, 2001.

1. Matt_Stevens

Matt_Stevens Supporting Actor

Is there a list anywhere of which DVD's have ANAMORPHIC trailers? I am a long time trailer taper and now that I have a 16x9 TV, I want to record trailers in 16x9 onto SVHS.
    Unfortunately, most trailers are 4:3 on DVD. Some studios, like Warner and Paramount, put their trailers in 16x9, but others, like FOX, MCA, Sony/Columbia, MGM are almost always in 4:3, which just sucks. [​IMG]
    Thanks
    By the way, the 16x9 EXORCIST II trailer on the EXORCIST DVD has got to be one of the coolest trailers I have ever seen. The locust FX look completely real in the fast clips shown. I wish the film was on DVD because the trailer actually makes it look pretty wild (never saw it because of the horrible reviews).
    ------------------
    www.deceptions.net/superman

2. Matt_Stevens

Matt_Stevens Supporting Actor

3. gregstaten

gregstaten Supporting Actor

I'm not aware of a complete list anywhere, but I can give you a list of all the anamorphic trailers on the DVD I own. Among the information stored in my Access-based DVD database is the trailers on each release, the trailer aspect ratio and whether it is 16x9 enhanced or not.
    I have just over 1000 DVDs. I can easily pull a trailer list and send it to you as a Word doc, Excel spreadsheet, etc.
    Let me know if you want it.
    -greg