1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Listerine Users: Question About Rinsing (No Joke)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Don Black, Oct 23, 2001.

1. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter

Anyone tried the new Listerine Oral Care Strips? One of my friends tried one and said it burned her mouth. But I use Listerine daily and I didn't find them to be that powerful.
    ------------------
    --Mike
    Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

2. Lary Larson

Lary Larson Stunt Coordinator

NickSo:
    I've always been told to rinse after brushing. Brushing serves to loosen all the bad stuff on your teeth. Just spitting won't get all that loose bad stuff out, so you rinse.
    Lary
    ------------------
    Want to help the HTF find ET? Click here! Learn more here .

3. Moe Maishlish

Moe Maishlish Supporting Actor

A little tip...
    Whenever I've got a nagging sore throat that keeps me from sleeping (which I get often, as the Winters in Toronto can be brutal!), I'll gargle with Listerine.
    The alcohol helps dull the pain from the inflammation and allows me to actually sleep.
    Edit: No, I don't think OTHER forms of consumable alcohol will have the same effect. Have fun trying though.
    If I gargle (which I usually do), I'll rinse out my mouth. The rinsewater won't get to the back of my throat, so that area retains it's mouthwash goodness. [​IMG]
    Moe.
    [Edited last by Moe Maishlish on October 24, 2001 at 09:53 AM]

4. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

Read the back of your Listerine bottles people. It says "Don't swallow." That doesn't answer the question about whether or not to rinse. But how can you avoid swallowing it if you don't rinse?
    It also says that if ingested, call your poison control center. Hmmmm.
    ------------------
    Bill [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

6. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    Interesting... I never knew there was a problem. It wouldn't be on the shelves if it wasn't good for you. If you swallow the whole bottle at one time, I suppose that would be bad....
    So here's another one... Do you guys brush your tongue and cheeks when you brush? how bout the bottom and very top of your mouth?? Inside your lips? A friend of mine brought this up to me the other day... and I've never really thought about it.
    I'm a little wierd when it comes to 'wetting' my brush, I run the brush under water first, then put toothpaste on, then run it under water again, then brush my teeth. Is this unnecessary? I always thought that the toothpaste might be a little more effective that way. I don't know.
    And Canada always has great tapwater in my experience
    ------------------
    I AM CANADIAN!

7. FredHD

FredHD Stunt Coordinator

I use Listerine (yellow/brown).
    I usually brush, rinse with water, then use Listerine (no rinsing after).
    ------------------
    Have good mosh-pitting!!

8. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    Okay, so im doing it right.. ah, this reminds me.. gotta get mouthwash.. [​IMG]

9. Bill Catherall

Bill Catherall Screenwriter

quote: He means rinsing away the listerine with water...[/quote]
    Right. That's what I meant too.
    Bill's vocab:
    rinse: verb, clean out your mouth with water, i.e. I turned on the cold tap water and rinsed out my mouth.
    swish: 1)verb, clean out your mouth with Listerine, i.e. I swished my mouth out with Listerine.
    2) noun, Listerine, i.e. Honey, could you buy some more swish at the store? [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Bill [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [Edited last by Bill Catherall on October 24, 2001 at 05:46 PM]

10. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

Wow, who knew this would be such a topic of controversy? I suppose thanks are in order although it doesn't appear that there is a clear answer. =)
    Paul: I wet my toothbrush the same way. Not for any medical reason, I just like soft toothpaste when I brush.

11. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    So I did it today, and here's my report:
    Action: grab toothbrush, wet it, add toothpaste, brush, rinse repeat, no wait that’ shampoo, put down, start over. This time use toothpaste brush teeth and tongue, Why tongue, you ask? It was there. Spit, rinse with water. Mouth wash, pour, swish, gargle, extend tongue after gargle so as too look at after effects.
    Result: In the morning on the walk to the train, I found myself spitting quite frequently, of course that was after I tried catching snowflakes on my tongue, and realizing was not snow, but dandruff.
    Later, as the residue built up in my mouth and I didn't want to swallow it.
    On the train, 'OH NO! I think i swallowed a little bit as I clear more residue from my mouth.
    For some reason the man across from me got very angry after I spit my mouth wash residue out, in hindsight perhaps that was not an open window but the reflection off his head, ah well live and learn. No big deal, I didn't die. More spitting as I change trains, more angry people. Throughout the day, I felt minty fresh, in addition my breath didn't stink, not that it usually does though. First drink? I had to wash my mouth out in the bathroom before sucking on my water bottle. Then after that I had to buy the person next to me a new water bottle. Again, didn't want to ingest mouthwash. Drink tasted weird, so put down the Lysol and tried a coke. Subsequent drinks tasted weird too. May have been mouthwash but the janitor has been trying to poison me so inconclusive there. Home tonight? I still feel “pasty” and Food tastes just strange, same with drinks, will check expiry dates, of course could also be mouthwash.
    Conclusion: I don't think I'm going to do THAT again....
    ------------------
    I AM CANADIAN!

12. Don Black

Don Black Screenwriter

Well yes, but you're Canadian. =)

13. NickSo

NickSo Producer

Nick So
    I tried not rinsing out the mouthwash this morning.. ugh i hate the taste of toothpaste/mouthwash lingering...
    I didnt rinse out, so my mouth was all weird... I ate a cheese bagel, i dunno if it was the bagel or the mouthwash+Bagel combo, but it was NASTY.... i had to choke half of it down... ugh... it was nasty, about to puke...
    ------------------
    The So Family Home Theater!
    http://www.multimania.com/sonick182/ht/index.html
    Birthday: November 29 (Sagittarius)
    Horoscope:
    Sagittarius - You are very sexy and women are attracted to you.

14. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

Thi
    Does anyone miss that Listerine commercial with the jungle-like music?
    ~T

15. Michael*K

Michael*K Screenwriter