1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

Listening Mode for TV?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ryan-Stone, Dec 1, 2002.

1. Ryan-Stone

Ryan-Stone Stunt Coordinator

When watching TV with my HT the only way i get sound to come out of the rear left and right speakers is to use CS6.1 MONO. PLII, PLII movie, and PLII music only have sound coming out of the center channel and the front left and right. how do i get sound from the rears without 6.1 mono?

2. Alf S

Alf S Cinematographer
    Supporter

Alfie
    It would help if you told us what receiver and TV you have and how you have it hooked up.

Are you using a VCR as well?

Alfer

3. Ryan-Stone

Ryan-Stone Stunt Coordinator

Reciver:kenwood VR-6050
    TV:Hitachi ultravision.

Really what i want to know is that is it normal not to get and rear speaker sound on tv broadcasts?

4. Albert M

Albert M Stunt Coordinator

No, it is not normal.

5. Henry_W

Henry_W Stunt Coordinator

Also - check your source. I have much more difficulty getting full surround from cable than from over the air or satellite transmission.

6. shankar

shankar Stunt Coordinator

With most TV shows using dolby prologic, I do get sound from the rear speaker. I used to get sound from the rear speakers with my old dolby prologic reciever. This experience is now enhanced with the DPLII movie or music mode. I have watched football, movies, kids cartoons, sitcoms etc and all of them put out decent sound in the rear speakers even withour DPLII. So it it not abnormal to have rear speakers working while watching TV shows.
    Check any of these shows