What's new

Listen to this Joke.... Ebay Auction (1 Viewer)

Andrew_Ballew

Second Unit
There are legit sellers on eBay. You only ever hear of the horror stories. They are outnumbered in the hundreds of thousands by positive transactions between reputable buyer and seller. Of course, its not fun to talk about it when everything goes right.

Everytime I see these threads and see people say they will never try eBay because of such-and-such i heard..... just PISSES me off to no end! There is a reason eBay is so huge. Good sellers that FAR outweigh the bad.

I have a similar reaction to those critical of Paypal. It is an OUTSTANDING service for sellers. Its works flawlessly, and offers great security for sellers against fraud. I have used it for over three years, and it has been a tremendous asset as both a buyer and seller, and has protected my company from being ripped off by con-artists.

There are always horror stories-nothing is perfect. But they are horror stories precisely because they are NOT the norm.

Done venting...

Andrew

Cam S

Screenwriter
Everytime I see these threads and see people say they will never try eBay because of such-and-such i heard..... just PISSES me off to no end!
You can be ripped off no matter what the person's feedback ratings are, and I bet you would feel differently about E-bay if you had been ripped off. I've seen it happen to friends too many times, not gonna happen to me.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III

99% of people who get 'ripped off' on ebay get that way because they either didn't read the product description or they risked buying from a seller with shady feedback. Buying from someone who has 36 negatives is risky. I've made a dozen or so purchases on ebay and all of them were flawless. The only negative feedback that i'll accept is something that is very well explained.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Everytime I see these threads and see people say they will never try eBay because of such-and-such i heard..... just PISSES me off to no end! There is a reason eBay is so huge. Good sellers that FAR outweigh the bad.
Anytime you buy something from someone (whether it be eBay, a tag sale, a friend, some guy on a street corner, etc.), it's always a gamble. Sure, you gotta do your research on these sellers, but I don't think it's worth my time and money to go to such an extent...remember, every person with any sort of negative had to start at 0 negatives in the first place. True, maybe thier positives weren't high either, but maybe they were.

Don't let it piss you off that someone like me has never even gone to eBays web site because I've heard the horror stories. I've weighed the pros and cons and I've decided to chose not to partake in it...that's all.

Mark_Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Does the receiver work? Does it have any phsical damage? Brand new doesnt necessarily mean unopened. If it works and is in good condition, I dont think there is anything you can do.

Justin Lane

Senior HTF Member
Brand new doesnt necessarily mean unopened.
Huh???? That's the first time I heard that one. I don't know about your part of the country, but in mine if I buy something brand new I fully ecpect it to be just that, sealed in the original box without any signs of use (such as dead batteries, missing packing materials, etc. as in this case).

J

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks