What's new

List your Top 10 Most Wanted shows from Warner Archives (1 Viewer)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
MPI incorrectly labeled one disc from their Dark Shadows: The Beginning collection (which was not corrected as far as I know). Replacement discs were not distributed. However, I'm not sure that that qualifies as a 'big error.'

smithb

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brad Smith
Ockeghem said:
MPI incorrectly labeled one disc from their Dark Shadows: The Beginning collection (which was not corrected as far as I know). Replacement discs were not distributed. However, I'm not sure that that qualifies as a 'big error.'
I just recently picked up all of these sets. What is the labeling issue? Based on the rest of your comment it appears all the content is fine. I only have one complaint against MPI. I ended up with a bad disk (completely blank) within the Dark Shadows collection 3. I accept that these things can happen from time to time, but they never replied to me after repeated email attempts about a replacement. And Yes I could have called but email is easier during the day from work, and if they are going to provide an email address then they should respond to it. Now I didn't purchase from MPI directly, but they should be the one's to support what was obviously a manufacturing flaw. In the end, I was fortunate that I purchased from Amazon because even though it was several months after the purchase date they still swapped it out for a replacement when they weren't obligated to. So my first experience with MPI customer service did not go well.

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
MPi has also had some feature film blunders, e.g. THE PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY (1973) having all sorts of audio issues, but for the sake of our discussion I have been quite impressed with their television output. The extras on such middling quality shows as THE MOTHERS IN LAW and HERE'S LUCY have been above and beyond what one would expect. Also the extra features on DARK SHADOWS: THE BEGINNING were exemplary. I only wish they had included more episodes complete with the original commercials instead of just a small sampling.

Tom_Tagliente19

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom Tagliente
FALCON CREST: The Complete 3rd Season FALCON CREST: The Complete 4th Season FALCON CREST: The Complete 5th Season FALCON CREST: The Complete 6th Season FALCON CREST: The Complete 7th Season FALCON CREST: The Complete 8th Season FALCON CREST: The Complete 9th Season EIGHT IS ENOUGH KNOTS LANDING

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
The news has just broken that Season Four of Dennis the Menace has a release date, so we can add that show to the list of those that Shout has completed. We also have a solid date on Adam-12 Season Six, so I feel confident that one will see completion next year as well.

Gary "mentioning this here because we were just talking about the issue" O.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
If there are no extras on "Adam-12" S6 I still await an explantion for why 17 months went by to get just this season. We earlier heard that December was the unofficial date and now it's shoved back another four weeks.

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack P /t/315116/list-your-top-10-most-wanted-shows-from-warner-archives/60#post_3858174

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Yeah, and it wouldn't have hurt to spread Dennis out a *little* longer so Reed and Malloy could have been finished with the long Code 7 sooner. ;) On WBA, maybe J. Edgar Hoover gets priority even from the grave because he's got all the dirt on the WBA execs? :D

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
So far I like Shout for releasing Dennis the Menace and for saving S.W.A.T. Season Two coming early next year but that leaves me nuetral on them leaning slightly to the positive side but if they save: Green Acres, Petticoat Junction, The Beverley Hillbillies and My Three Sons or at least two of them I'll be a life long fan of Shout's :D

Gary OS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gary
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Willis

Very nice to see, and I'll eat crow as well. First time I've seen any across the board discount for TV shows at WBA. Unfortunately, even with the 20% off, once tax and shipping is added back on, the prices are too high for me to bite. But if it were an important enough series (as Jeff has alluded to previously) I'd probably buy something.

Gary "not quite the same as the 40-50% off one can get with pressed discs, but definitely better than nothing" O.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks