What's new

List The Things You Collect (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Well....number one on every HTF'ers list is a no-brainer ... obviously DVDs.
What about other things? What other "collections" do you possess?
I'm confined to pretty much media products .... DVDs, VHS, and CDs.
Holmes & Watson perhaps summed it up best ......
"This chap seems to be a rather odd fellow. A sort of "collector of collections"." -- Dr. John H. Watson
"Yes, Watson. I shall write a monograph one day on the obnoxious habit of accumulating useless trivia." -- Sherlock Holmes
(Holmes and Watson, OBVIOUSLY, lived in a pre-DVD era!! :))

Kristian

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Kristian
Besides CDs and DVDs, I collect action figures. My collection is mostly made up of Star Wars figures. I used to collect trading cards and comic books, but now I only buy them every now and then.

David King

Stunt Coordinator
I also collect new line of star wars figures, but more for the artistic side rather than value. I do like the primitive look of the vintage figures, but I don't collect them.

I was going to pull a joke and say that I collect HTF member's e-mail address' for spamming purposes, but thought better of it. :b

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Just DVDs and CDs. Can't afford to collect anything else!

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Just DVDs and CDs. Can't afford to collect anything else!
I hear that! :)
I remember, as a kid, I used to have lots of model cars. Not the type you have to put together; these were fully assembled. Die-cast metal if I recall.
I couldn't wait until the new year's models would come out. I don't think the car companies do this anymore, do they?
Wish I still had them today. Some really cool-looking models! GTO, Mustang, and my fave was a beige 1966 Chevy Impala convertible! (Squeaky wheel and all!) :)
Show of hands ..... Who out there wishes he hadn't tossed out his baseball card collection you had as a kid??
I had tons of 1960s-70s cards. What a fool for tossin' 'em!
[*Yeah...My hand's up*:b ]

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
DVDs. :D
all Star Wars books and comics, no figurines or toys though. I should qualify the books by excluding the children's line of books (Young Apprentice etc), comics I only get the individual issues and not the TPBs; where there's a choice between an art cover and a photo cover I only get the art.
can't say I really "collect" anything else, I have plenty of CDs but I wouldn't say I "collect" them.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
"I collect spores, molds and fungus"

I love buying books, I have a spare room that looks like a library, with well over 2000 books, 25 years worth of collecting, inc some rare paperbacks from the 1950's 'Forbidden Planet', 'This Island Earth', first paperback edition of 'Childhoods End' (1953) etc.

All lovingly indexed in my database.

I'm far more proud of my book collection than my 300 dvds.

I also collected comics when I was young, but sadly threw most of them away, mostly Marvel, but I still have a box full of Mad magazines somewhere.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Dungeons&Dragons toys, manufactured @ 1983-84. I'm still looking for a replacement Hook Horror Evil Monster to replace the one I had as a boy. I think I have three Warduke:Evil Fighters, one open, one MOC, and One MOC on a french/englais card. I think it's from Quebec.
Anyway, If anybody see's a good conditon Fortress of Fangs anywhere, let me know:)

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I can't afford to collect anything besides DVDs. I was collecting other things before DVDs became an obsession such as Simpsons figures, Baseball Cards (sold my collection however), Toy memorabilia from the 60's & 70's, Comics (20,000) and Lasers (over 1000). As you can see, my apartment is basically a warehouse.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
DVDs (I watch this collection)
Guns (I shoot this collection)
Beers (I drink this collection)
Peace Out~:D

Steve Enemark

Second Unit
Besides DVD's and the occasional laser disc, I collect comic books and lead miniatures (for role-playing games).

And when I'm feeling lazy, I collect dust.

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
*Sigh* DVDs obviously. Also Star Wars Toys, Mcfarlane Figures, Video Games, Dust, MP3s, Movie Posters, Autographs ( I have 3, it's a monstrous collection) and general movie junk.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Real Name
Patrick McCart
DVDs, books about cinema, MST3K episodes, Calvin and Hobbes comic books, film scores on CD, Beatles CDs, Weird Al Yankovic CDs, silent films on DVD/VHS...

That's all I have to say about thaaat.

Wade K

Second Unit
Foreign coins of two types:

1. Coins printed in Cyrillic

2. Bi-(and Tri-)Metallic coins

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
I've collected sooo many things over the years - comics,toys,Star Trek,books,you name it.
My main collectibles now are:
DVD's :D (of course)
Comics (though nowhere as much as I used to)
Video Games (vintage as well as the new stuff)
SciFi memoribilia (only something that catches my eye, & this in time will replace most ofmany Star Wars/Star Trek collectibles that I have)
&
SciFi/fantasy/comic mini busts/statues. (there are many cool ones, & some rare ones at that.)
Calvin

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
DVD's

Star Wars toys

shot glasses

state quarters

other cool action figures (eg. Angus Young of AC/DC)

cooking utensils

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AaronChi
Recent bookmarks