List of XBOX games that support the soundtrack feature

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jake Gove, Dec 14, 2001.

1. Jake Gove

Jake Gove Second Unit

I was under the impression that ALL games on the XBOX could play your own soundtrack. Now that I have my XBOX, I'm disappointed to find out that that isn't the case.

Games that don't have the "soundtrack feature":

Halo - WTF?? this one should have had it for sure, since it was made by Microsoft

Dead or Alive 3

Starfighter SE

Games that do have the feature:

Project Gotham Racing

Amped

Tony Hawk

Can anyone verify any more?

2. James Nguyen

James Nguyen Second Unit

Jake,
    I can understand why Bungie decided to leave the soundtrack feature off for Halo (at least in the one player/co op mode). The music is ued to excellent effect to set the mood and tone for each level and checkpoint. Having a constant dosage of say, Backstreet Boys or DMX while playing through the campaign would have made for a less than ideal experience IMO. However, it would have been cool for multiplayer! [​IMG]
    Amped, THPS and Gotham were the only ones I knew about so far with the soundtrack option...

3. Jake Gove

Jake Gove Second Unit

Also, Fusion Frenzy and Dave Mirra 2

4. Brian W. Ralston

Brian W. Ralston Supporting Actor

Brian W. Ralston
    James Said....

5. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

I really can't wait to do this, but I just know I'll get anal retentive about it-"Man, the soundtrack really lulls there. I'll go fix it!"

BTW, how are the quality of the songs you ripped? Are they MP3 quality, or worse?

I can understand Halo not supporting it, but DOA3 seems like it should have. Oh well...

6. Bergan Peters

Bergan Peters Stunt Coordinator

My Xbox does NOT feel like reading the CDRs I am feeding it, is there a way to burn a CDR that is more Xbox friendly? I dont have any CDRWs in my house to test it out with, and the kind of CDs I buy aren't the kind of music I want to play video games to. I dont understand why they cant make it read CDRs [​IMG]