List of Upcoming Releases?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Chris-V, May 30, 2006.

1. Chris-V

Chris-V Stunt Coordinator

Does anyone know a good source for comprehensive lists of upcoming domestic releases? I used to use Icemagazine.com, but it's been down for a while and I haven't found another good source yet. CDuniverse is the best I've found so far but the format and large number of import/international releases make it a bit of a pain. Thanks.

2. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    I was wondering what was up with 'Ice' - I used to look at that every week for the new releases. I've used tower.com in the past which allows some sorting (but still not nearly as good as the other) and I've gone to individual record label and artist sites and gone to sites like musictap.net too.

3. nickGreenwood

nickGreenwood Second Unit

I generally use iTunes but the only problem with that is, if it's not a huge music star then the album isn't on the front page.
    I wouldn't mind seeing a nice list somewhere of upcoming release myself.

4. BillSherbon

BillSherbon Extra

Pause & Play is pretty comprehensive.

http://pauseandplay.com/

Click on the "On The CD Front" link in the above page to get the detailed listings.

5. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    Thanks for the link

6. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    Well this is posted at Ice Magazine's website so it explains why it has not been updated:

"June 2006

Dear ICE readers:

It's with careful consideration and a heavy heart that ICE magazine has decided to close its doors, after 19 wonderful years.

In the very near future - perhaps just a few days - we will post a URL here which will lead to a Q&A blog in which I’ll attempt to answer all of your questions regarding ICE’s closing and its 19-year history. I don’t wish to just disappear on you.

In the meantime, I’m extremely pleased to announce that no less than Billboard magazine will be taking over ICE’s subscriber list starting with its June 17 issue (mailing June 10).

In the magazine business, whenever a publication folds, it searches for a like-minded magazine to take over its subscription list and fulfill the remainder of its obligation to subscribers. So I'm very, very tickled that we struck a deal with the oldest and most respected title in the entire music business.

For over a century, Billboard has been called "the Bible of the music industry," and for good reason. You all know what they do; I don't need to tell you. But did you know that Billboard now publishes more than 60 U.S. and international charts of the week's biggest hits, plus reviews of new albums and singles. Its news and feature coverage is very music- and artist-intensive, and I always considered them a strong competitor of ours for music scoops, which they often beat us to. Since they're weekly rather than monthly, their information has always been more timely than ICE's.

And to top it all off, they've just added a regular column, and "Coolest Garage Songs" chart, by none other than Bruce Springsteen guitarist Steve Van Zandt. It was a tremendous coup by Billboard and has made it a more compelling read than ever before - and I've been reading them since 1968, when I got my first subscription as a 15-year-old. I think after just a few issues you'll be very tempted to renew with Billboard and keep their cutting-edge information coming, now that ICE is no longer in business.

Thank you kindly for all the years, my friends, and don’t forget to check back here soon for that link to my Q&A blog, which will give you a chance to air all of your pro and con thoughts about ICE in a public forum, with my comments as well.

With best wishes always,
    Pete Howard
    "

7. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

8. Phil A

Phil A Producer

Phil
    Thanks

9. Jeff_A

Jeff_A Screenwriter

My favorite. [​IMG]

10. Sean A

Sean A Stunt Coordinator

It's not as good as ICE, though. I miss the articles about the upcoming releases and reissues, and the interviews with the various folks behind the CDs