What's new

List of Classic TV Series Near Completion (1 Viewer)

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Updated list,

Everwood has been removed as the final season was released on Aug. 2

Spin City Season 5 will be released on Aug. 16, this leaves one season left to be released.

Also, no official confirmation yet but it appears that the final two seasons of The Bob Newhart Show will FINALLY be released soon!

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
TVShowsonDVD has reported that Shout! will be releasing Season 5 of Designing Women and Season 4 of Webster at the end of the year; both will have 2 seasons left after that.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
Off all the shows Nick listed, Amazing Stores has been completed (at least outside of America), so I'm surprised that hasn't been taken off the list yet.

bretmaverick2

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tom Hunter
Has the second set of ROCKFORD FILES tv movies been released??? I have the first set but keep waiting on the promised second set as well/

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Off all the shows Nick listed, Amazing Stores has been completed (at least outside of America), so I'm surprised that hasn't been taken off the list yet.

My list is only for North America, not Global. I was not aware that this site discusses releases for other regions, I thought it was only for North America?!

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Originally Posted by bretmaverick2
Has the second set of ROCKFORD FILES tv movies been released??? I have the first set but keep waiting on the promised second set as well/
No it still has not been released, I would have thought that this would have been completed by now since The Rockford Files was a very popular series?! I don't understand why they split the movies into two collections- there are only 8 of them so what was the point of splitting them into two?!

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
TVonDVDJunkie05 said:

My list is only for North America, not Global.  I was not aware that this site discusses releases for other regions, I thought it was only for North America?!
It's a worldwide board but the vast majority of talk is dedicated to Region 1 releases.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Updated list,

Hawaii Five-O Season 11 was released on September 20, this leaves one season still to be released (S12 will most likely be released in 2012)

The Bionic Woman Season 3 will be released on October 4 (I forgot to include this show on my list, however this is the final season so this series will now be complete)

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Updated list,

Arrest and Trial Complete Series set will be released on November 22
Mission: Impossible (1988) Season 1 will be released on November 29 (1 season left unreleased)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
I'm a little disappointed with Timeless releasing the entire series of Arrest and Trial while NOT releasing Part Three as a stand-alone set for those of us who bought the first two parts. In order to complete the series, I'll have to "Double Dip", and IMO this isn't right. :f

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Updated list,

Designing Women Season 5 released on December 6 (2 seasons left unreleased)
The Lucy Show Season 5 released on December 6 (1 season left unreleased)

Spin City removed as the final season was released on December 13

Route 66 has been removed from the list as the releases from Roxbury are now out of print. Shout! Factory has acquired the rights and will be releasing the series in its entirety at some point in the future.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
It has been very frustrating over the past several years, especially with few shows that only need one or two seasons to complete
1. Hardy Boys (S3)
2. Early Edition (s3-S4
3. WKRP (S2-S4)
4. Adam-12 (S6/S7
5. Charlie's Angels (S5)
6. SWAT (S2)
What frustrates me the most is that i have so many shows that are one and done:
1. One Day at a time
2. Benson
3. Fantasy Island
I would love to see some of the 1960s through the 1980s that were cancel after 1 or 2 seasons. I have a dream list
1. Sierra
2. Petrocelli
3. Serpico
4. Fanastic Journey
5. O'Hara Treasury Agent
6. Mobile One
I welcome your thoughts and/or suggestions!

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Gary OS said:
Very nice list, Nick.  I appreciate you creating this.  Might I add one suggested title?  I know it's a bit of a fudge based on your standard of 2 seasons or less, but Fox stalled out Big Valley with only 2 1/2 seasons left.  I thought that was truly one of the most lame things of all time.  To release Season 2, Volume 1 and not even finish up the season?  That's truly pathetic in my book.
Gary "again, thanks for the list" O.
Don't forget Dick Powell's Zane Grey Theater-1 (4 left to be released)
I'm in no hurry, but I could buy S1 sometime in the future.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Updated list,

Columbo removed as the final collection of TV movies was released on January 10
Dennis the Menace removed as the final season was released on January 10
Hawaii Five-O removed as the final season was released on January 10
Sliders removed as the final season was released on January 17

Alfred Hitchcock Presents added to the list- Season 5 was released on January 3 (2 seasons left unreleased)
Mannix added to the list- Season 6 was released on January 24 (2 seasons left unreleased)
Webster added to the list- Season 4 was released on January 17 (2 seasons left unreleased)

Adam-12 Season 6 released on January 17 (1 season left unreleased)

oldtvshowbuff

Supporting Actor
Real Name
James Beer
Still looking for Have Gun, Will Travel: The Sixth and Final Season Volumes 1 & 2. Does Gary OS see anything in his crystal ball for a release of these DVD sets from CBS/Paramount? Once I get Laramie The Second Season, it 'll be complete for me, funny TMG released the color seasons 3-4 before they did the earlier B&W seasons 1-2.

Richard V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Richard
oldtvshowbuff said:
Still looking for Have Gun, Will Travel: The Sixth and Final Season Volumes 1 & 2. Does Gary OS see anything in his crystal ball for a release of these DVD sets from CBS/Paramount? Once I get Laramie The Second Season, it 'll be complete for me, funny TMG released the color seasons 3-4 before they did the earlier B&W seasons 1-2.
The reason being that now that they have access to better prints, they decided to issue the season 1&2, which were previously only available from collectors that were in TERRIBLE, practically unwatchable condtion. Hopefully they have access to better prints of S 3&4 also, and will decide to re-issue these as well.

TVonDVDJunkie05

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick
Updated list,

Murder, She Wrote removed as the final collection of TV movies was released on February 14
Here Come the Brides removed as the final season was released on February 28
Mission: Impossible (1988) removed as the final season was released on February 28

Father Dowling Mysteries added to the list- Season 1 was released on February 7 (2 seasons left unreleased)
Matlock added to the list- Season 7 was released on February 21 (2 seasons left unreleased)
Simon & Simon added to the list- Season 6 was released on February 21 (2 seasons left unreleased)
Kojak added to the list- Season 3 was released on March 20 (2 seasons left unreleased)

Here's Lucy Season 5 released on February 28 (1 season left unreleased)
Scarecrow & Mrs. King Season 3 released on March 20 (1 season left unreleased)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks