1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

List of 32" tv's that do "the Squeeze". (Not through service menu)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by TimG, Jan 16, 2002.

1. TimG

TimG Second Unit

Ok, I have been searching around the threads, and it seems that this subject hasn't been touched in at least a month. I was just wondering which 32" tv's do the squeeze through the regular menu and don't require a service menu squeeze. I know the Sony's do it, but I have seen conflicting reports on any other brand of sets that do it. Sony seems to be the only one advertising it as a feature. JVC, Panasonic, Toshiba? Thanks in advance for the help.

TimG

2. Mike Mallory

Mike Mallory Agent

The Panasonic 3xHX4x series of 4:3 sets do the squeeze with aplomb. The squeeze worked perfectly with the old DVD player (s-video) and it works perfectly with the new one (progressive). However, I did have to go into the service menu to center the 'squeeze'.

- Mike

3. Mike Mallory

Mike Mallory Agent

Just to clarify: My HX40 was one of the first units built so I'm sure the centering has been fixed by now.

- Mike

4. JohnnyG

JohnnyG Screenwriter

Toshiba 32HFX71 does, but only on component video inputs (not that that's much of a restriction though).

5. Rick Radford

Rick Radford Supporting Actor

6. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

On www.audioreview.com I saw that someone posted on one of the Samsung models (the cheaper ones)can't remember the size, that Samsung sets did the squeeze trick through the menu & were availble from 20 inch to 36 inch. Also someone posted here that a 32 inch Curtis Mathis set for $ 399 at K-Mart also did the squeeze trick through the menu. From the looks of the Curtis Mathis set it looks like Samsung is making them. Don't bother to look on Samsung's website because there is no mention of the squeeze trick. Maybe you can call Samsung at 1-800-SAMSUNG & they can tell you or email the guy that posted his review on his Samsung set. Hope this helps you out.

7. MoG

MoG Stunt Coordinator

My panasonic CT32XF56A does the squeeze. It's an SDTV (480p). Don't know if one can still find it...

8. TimG

TimG Second Unit

Great, thanks for all the replies. [​IMG] I was hoping I wasn't limited to the Sony, although I like them and have had a 27" sony for the last 8 yrs that has been trouble free. I just don't know if the inflateed price tag is worth it to stay with Sony. I need a bigger "daily" viewer, after going front-projection I guess I am a little spoiled. Thanks again for the suggestions, I will try to check them out this weekend.
    TimG

9. SteveK

SteveK Supporting Actor

Tim- Let us know if you find any other brands/models of televisions that easily do the squeeze trick...and good luck on your purchase!

Steve K.

10. TimG

TimG Second Unit

Thanks Steve, will do.

TimG