What's new

Liscence to drive dvd, what is taking so long! (1 Viewer)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
With all the obscure dvds that are coming, why not this one? Im so desperate for it , id buy it barebones, no trailer, and full screen, even though im pro O.A.R. .

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Well, the last time I brought it up in person to the great Peter Staddon, he absolutely had no idea what I was talking about

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Who am i kidding, itll be the year 2010 and ill still be ranting about it not being on dvd.:angry: Ill bump this thread up then, to say i told you so. Someone release this flick already!

James L White

Supporting Actor
this is one of my most wanted catalog titles, but there's no way I'd buy it or any DVD not in its OAR, besides according to imdb.com the OAR is 2.35:1 which means it's cropped all to Hell in FS

anyhow sign the peition (in my sig line)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
You'd buy it full screen? Let's not get crazy here. ;)

I'd love this one, I mean come on, Corey Haim, Corey Feldman a Caddy and Heather Graham naked, it's a no brainer.

Oh wait, Heather was never naked in that one, just that damn dream cropping up again! :D

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I even mentioned to Peter Staddon to have BOTH Corey commentaries, that would be cool, unless Haim is still in rehab

Thomas H G

Screenwriter
Hahahahha
This was one of my favorites when I was a kid and I've forgotten to even look for it at the store. I'll gladly pick this up when released--properly of course.

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will

I'm pretty sure it's actually 1.85:1. I watched it last week on satellite TV and it was in FS - looked like an open-matte transfer.

John*P

Second Unit
I don't understand why License to Drive isn't on DVD yet. It was requested in the last two chats with Peter Staddon, if I'm not mistaken. I think the first time, he said he wasn't very familiar with it, and the second time, he just said something like "I'll take another look at it." This is a very popular teen movie, especially with 80s fans. Its the only good Corey/Corey movie that isn't on DVD. Lost Boys is even getting a SE in August. Also, this is a fast-paced comedy that I can watch multiple times and never get bored with it. (my VHS copy is in poor condition) I'd be happy with just a trailer and widescreen presentation, but some commentaries, deleted scenes, etc would be cool if included.

From the 'net...

License to Drive was distributed by Twentieth Century Fox and released in the Summer of 1988. Budgeted at eight million dollars, License to Drive captured over 25 million dollars in domestic box office and sold over 225,000 video cassettes.

How 'bout a DVD, Mr. Staddon? :D

John*P

Second Unit
I have some optimistic news about the possibility of License to Drive coming to DVD soon. This info was taken from a DVD Mailbag post on The Miami Herald web site on June 11th, 2004. This is not an official announcement, so take this info with a grain of salt.

From The Miami Herald...

DVD Mailbag

Q: I was interested in knowing if you have any release information on the following movies on DVD: License to Drive and Side Out. Classic '80s. Also Six Pack with Kenny Rogers. Thanks, Jonathon.

A: Nothing has been formally announced, but sources tell us you can expect to see 1988's License to Drive, co-starring those '80s staples Corey Haim and Corey Feldman, and 1990's Side Out, the first (and, to our knowledge, last) feature film about beach volleyball, on DVD before the end of this year. (snip)

I really hope this info turns out to be accurate. I love this movie, and IMO, the DVD release is long overdue.

source url: http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...8886632.htm?1c

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks