Lip Sync problems with new DLP theater

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robb Cadigan, Jan 12, 2003.

1. Robb Cadigan

Robb Cadigan Auditioning

Hello. I'm new to all this and not exactly sure where to post this question.

I have a recently installed home theater with the Marantz S2 DLP projector, Interga 8.3 AV receiver and Integra 8.3 DVD.

I'm thrilled with the room, except for lip sync issues I have on most (but not all) DVDs. The audio usually lags behind the video by quite a bit. The Integra receiver allows me to adjust the AV sync to a delay of as much as .74ms and this often helps. But I don't want to have to adjust a different delay each time I put in a different DVD.

The DVD was connected direct to the projector until yesterday. We changed that to run it through the receiver, thinking the video was just reaching the projector faster than the audio to the speakers. It helped but not a whole lot.

Is this a common problem with this set up? I haven't seen much on the threads about it. I'm not even sure if the problem is with the DVD player, the receiver or the projector.

Please put me in the right direction.

Thank you!

2. RogerHA

RogerHA Auditioning

I have same problem w/ several DVDs. For example the Eagles Hell Freezes Over concert can have as much as about 1/2 second delay between audio and video. If I stop the DVD and restart, often, the sound and video will resync, but not always and, even then, the fix does not work for very long.

In the overall scheme of things in life, worse could happen so I refuse to ruin even an hour over this. One gets used to ignoring this, but a fix would be better and would also satisfy intellectual curiosity.

3. Chris Sab

Chris Sab Auditioning

This is a common issue although usually reversed. Commonly the video is delayed from the audio due to video processing. Thats why the Integra has a delay feature, to line up the audio with the delayed video. Are you sure the audio is late? Make sure you don't have any delay in the receiver if you're correct. I often find that I have to delay the audio to sync up with the video. Especially on a Sharp 9000.
    Good Luck...