What's new

Lionsgate to Release Select ABC Studios Series on DVD (1 Viewer)

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
thats so cool I hope the following shows get further releases

8 Simple Rules
Boy Meets World
The Commish

I hope it also means we will finally see releases of the following shows

Blossom
Cane
Carpoolers
Cavemen
Crumbs
Empty Nest
The Golden Palace
Hope & Faith
In Case Of Emergency
In Justice
Kevin Hill
Knights Of Prosperity
Less Than Perfect
Miss Guided
My Wife and Kids
Playmakers
Rodney
Six Degrees

I would buy any of these shows on dvd

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing

i thought it was a co-production with ABC Studios but not sure which company would own the rights

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I would love to see IN JUSTICE released. In addition, I'd also love to see EYES and THE EVIDENCE if they're the property of ABC (they aired on ABC).

ElizM

Agent
Real Name
I am hoping Max Headroom is on this list. Videoeta has this under ABC Studios as a potential release vs. Warner Bros.

Mike*SC

Second Unit
You're right. Now that I recall, it was an example of 20th producing the pilot but having to co-produce the series with ABC Studios in order to get the network to put the show on.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I'm not *exactly* sure what you mean, Nikki!

Announcements have been made, and lots of news posted, for the first two products of this deal: According to Jim and Reaper. My assumption is that these are well-known by now, but if not then you can catch up at those two links (in fact one of my news items to post this evening is revised box art for Reaper - Season 1).

If you did not happen to know about those two yet, then I think I've just answered your question! But if you did know, and therefore you're asking whether there were any developments after those two, then the answer is "no, not yet". Boy Meets World is the "most-wanted" item from TSoD readers on the list of shows involved in the deal, so we posted news about the deal under that show. The post also lists the other programs known to be involved, but no announcements have been made yet about anything besides Reaper and Jim.

Then again, I expect Lionsgate's December slate to start being revealed more fully soon, so maybe we'll find out. The only TV-DVD I know about from LG for December so far is Secret Diary of a Call Girl, which isn't exactly a Disney product! :D

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
yeah sorry I meant anything new since the announcements of Reaper and According To Jim.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i liked Caveman, i hope it includes both pilots, including the unaired pilot.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Was hoping to have heard about more releases from Lionsgate but obviously the credit crunch is having its effect.

Tory

-The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-
Real Name
Tory
I don't have much faith in them. Lionsgate likes to have a great library of properties at their disposal that they can look and point at to say "see how massive our library is" for bragging rights but with no actual commitment to release them.

LCD22

Screenwriter

My signature will give it away, but I know that the crew behind one ABC Studios-produced series is trying to put together a 15 minute wrap-up for the Season 2 DVD. A delay for that release would be the obvious exception; I don't know why we haven't heard more "official" announcements on the others.

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
I would really love them to release Hope & Faith, In Justice, In Case Of Emergency and Six Degrees the most out of the shows I listed previously.

AlanP

Screenwriter
Real Name
BAP
How about "PEYTON PLACE" that was ABC and FOX ?? Who would hold the rights
FOX or ABC ??

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Nikki Fineing
Glad to see My Wife and Kids is getting a release. Hope Lionsgate plan on releasing other shows too. Some of the one season shows would be good too

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks