What's new

Lionsgate starting to work on its Republic catalog? (1 Viewer)

JeffT.

Deceased Member
I checked my Republic Pictures Home Entertainment VHS edition of DR. TERROR'S HOUSE OF HORRORS (1965) and it was released back in 1989!

I believe that this Amicus Productions horror anthology film was originally theatrically released stateside by Paramount Pictures which may or may not still have copyright ownership.

The Amicus Productions horror film THE SKULL (1965) is still under the ownership of Paramount and DR. TERROR'S HOUSE OF HORRORS (1965) may similarly find its way onto a DVD release via Legend Films.

Of course this is all for the present just errant speculation.

Jeff T.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I have the old Wellspring release of Ulysses and will upgrade if the transfer is improved. Certainly, the cover jacket is an improvement. This was an Italian (not U.S.) production circa 1954 so was it wide screen? Lionsgate is also releasing a "Special Edition" of Capricorn One on DVD on October 14, 2008. No details on the "extras" which would make it a special edition but hopefully it will be a better transfer than the old Artisan disc and anamorphic as well.

vidmarc

Auditioning
Real Name
Marc Morris
Lionsgate also have Alberto De Martino's 1977 fun Omen rip-off Rain of Fire (aka Holocaust 2000) scheduled for release on 28 October.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob

ULYSSES was originally planned and announced for 3-D. They even made a promotional View-Master reel for it. But just before the start of principal photography, those plans were scrapped and the film was shot for widescreen instead.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
First Kino drops Man On The Eiffel Tower from its schedule with no explanation and now Lionsgate does the same thing with Ulysses. Hmmm ... I'm hoping they discovered better film elements and are remastering, otherwise one would think that before announcing a title that everything would be in place for a release but then there's the Fox delays that hounded both Laura and Boomerang after being announced then pulled before their eventual release.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks