What's new

Lionsgate - some StudioCanal requests (1 Viewer)

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Since it would appear now that Lionsgate will be the new and semi-exclusive distributor for StudioCanal catalog titles on DVD (barring those that are licensed by Criterion or still under the old MGM contract), and they are already heavily resoliciting titles previously released by Anchor Bay and Fox Lorber/Wellspring, I figure it's as good an opportunity as any to put in some requests.

THE CHANGELING (just like THE SILENT PARTNER, this was an early Carolco production that had been handled by HBO previously, so I suspect it may now be in Canal+ control)
RIDER ON THE RAIN (another French-financed Charles Bronson outing along with HONOR AMONG THIEVES and SOMEONE BEHIND THE DOOR which LG and Canal+ graciously saved from PD hell)
THE SPORTING CLUB
LA MARGE (THE STREETWALKER)
PERCY
PERCY'S PROGRESS (IT'S NOT THE SIZE THAT COUNTS)
THE OSCAR
GET CRAZY
CONVOY
SILVER BEARS (I know Hen's Tooth put out a VHS of this, but their lack of DVD activity makes me think it's back in Canal+ control)
OUT OF SEASON

Jeffrey:K

Second Unit
I will pledge to buy almost anything from the Avco Embassy catalog, but I particularly want

ROAD TO SALINA
ROBBERY
JURY OF ONE (aka THE VERDICT, a Sophia Loren-Carlo Ponti picture from 1974)
MACHO CALLAHAN

The following were pickups that were distributed by Avco Embassy, so I don't know if they were inherited by Studio Canal or not:

HOMEBODIES
DEADLY HERO
SHOOT
PERMISSION TO KILL
SCALPEL
RABBIT TEST
PIPE DREAMS

walter o

Supporting Actor
DEADLY HERO, JURY OF ONE, PERMISSION TO KILL and SCALPEL is not controled by StuduoCanal anymore.

DEADLY HERO is out on DVD from Peach Arc/Trinity DVD (full frame, regrettably)

I believe MGM controls GET CRAZY (its been on cable recently, plus the title is not on StudioCanal's catalog).

Hens Tooth is still around, they are releasing FEAR OF THE BLACK HAT next.

Eric Vedowski

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
If THE OSCAR you're mentioning is the Stephen Boyd/Tony Bennett epic count me in. One of my all time favorite bad movies....."when you lie down with pigs you get up smelling like garbage"....a Tony Bennett commentary would be interesting.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
Ken Russels LAIR OF THE WHITE WORM
Adrian Lyns JACOBS LADDER

both of these are early circa 1990 releases-and 18 years of technology advance ment could surely work wonders

Charles H

Screenwriter
Despite my frustration at LionsGate's indifference to their Republic holdings--although apparently a 2 disc HIGH NOON is forthcoming--they do a great job with their European pacs, such as the Hitchcock, the Bunel, the Alain Delon, the Godard, the Bardot collections, and I'm looking forward to a Catherine Deneuve 5 pack that will be coming later this year. I would love to see them do something similar with their Republic holdings: A Western Collection: JOHNNY GUITAR, THE LAST COMMAND, SOUTH OF ST. LOUIS, RAMROD, BUGLES IN THE AFTERNOON. A film noir Collection: PITFALL, CAUGHT, MOONRISE, THE DARK MIRROR, THE SECRET BEYOND THE DOOR, THE LOST MOMENT, THE STRANGE AFFAIR OF UNCLE HARRY, SPECTRE OF THE ROSE, SLEEP, MY LOVE and CRY DANGER. A Comedy collection: IT'S IN THE BAG, THE SENATOR WAS INDISCREET, MR. PEABODY AND THE MERMAID, GOOD SAM, THE DEVIL AND MISS JONES.
I'd love an Alistair Sim collection via Studio Canal--perhaps even an R1 duplication of the St, Trinian's Collection in R2.

WuTang4Ever

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris Cornish
I'm wondering about the rights to "Robbery" (1967 ) for us Canadians, i saw 2 different prints of this movie (one with the 2003 StudioCanal logo and one with the 2011 logo), It has never been on DVD in North America. Mongrel Media now puts out StudioCanal titles here in Canada so maybe. Magnetic Video put this title out on VHS as an Embassy title (Later Embassy Home Entertainment), Paramount originally distributed the film in the UK.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I'm wondering about the rights to "Robbery" (1967 ) for us Canadians, i saw 2 different prints of this movie (one with the 2003 StudioCanal logo and one with the 2011 logo), It has never been on DVD in North America. Mongrel Media now puts out StudioCanal titles here in Canada so maybe. Magnetic Video put this title out on VHS as an Embassy title (Later Embassy Home Entertainment), Paramount originally distributed the film in the UK.

There's a good Blu-ray disc in the U.K. So, if you're Zone Free . . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks