What's new

Lionsgate Press Release: Terminator 2 Judgement Day Limited Collector's Edition (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

WillG

Senior HTF Member
Does the HTF ownership have any contacts at Lionsgate? If so, can someone reach out to them to try to find out a bit more?

I don't want to speak for the owners, but my guess is probably not. The Bits has talked at length recently about how the "golden age" of the industry is long over and the studios just don't care anymore about their customers. Most, if not all of the old guard that cared about feedback and would actually participate in forums such as this have all long moved on. Now apparently it's all but impossible to reach anybody at the studio to get even simple questions answered about upcoming releases.

Thankfully we still have some Indie labels (Criterion, Shout, Kino, Twilight Time) that still puts forth effort and caters to enthusiasts.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
To my eyes it did look beautiful at the cinema in 3D and really nice to see it on the screen again in a packed screen.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Press release arrived a couple of hours ago:

"Please note that the date for the Terminator 2: Judgment Day 4K Ultra HD release has confirmed for December 26, 2017

NOTE - The Collector's Edition EndoArm will be released at a later date."

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
***RELEASE DATE CONFIRMED***
Please note that the date for the Terminator 2: Judgment Day 4K Ultra HD release has confirmed for December 26, 2017

NOTE - The Collector's Edition EndoArm will be released at a later date.

6638cfee-4b85-41b9-beec-c2b7bd351d13.jpg

d21babec-e69b-46a2-a31d-be8dde4f3731.jpg

4K ULTRA HD - BLU-RAY - DIGITAL HD
The Action Epic That Revolutionized Filmmaking Forever Available In Amazing 4K Ultra HD For The First Time!

0e43c466-9107-4432-a92b-af8ab3d3b4ed.jpg

DESCRIPTION
Director James Cameron’s iconic sci-fi action classic returns in pristine clarity when Terminator 2: Judgment Day arrives on 4K Ultra HD™ Combo Pack (plus Blu-ray™ and Digital HD) December 26 from Lionsgate. Loaded with bonus content, including an all-new, never-before-seen documentary featuring commentary from the cast and crew (including James Cameron, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Edward Furlong), the groundbreaking masterpiece written by James Cameron and William Wisher will be available for the suggested retail price of $22.99.

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS
Terminator 2: Judgment Day shattered the definition of action-filmmaking to become one of the most celebrated sequels of all time. Even in an age of anything-is-possible digital blockbuster filmmaking – with onscreen action often entirely fabricated and “unreal” – T2 remains a touchstone for both filmmakers and movie fans on the use of visual effects, fusing high-tech thrills with an emotional and compelling story.

BLU-RAY / DIGITAL HD SPECIAL FEATURES
  • *NEW* “T2: Reprogramming the Terminator” 55 Minute Documentary Including Exclusive Interview with Arnold Schwarzenegger, James Cameron, Edward Furlong and More
  • 2 Feature Commentaries including 23 members of the cast and crew, including director James Cameron and co-author William Wisher
  • “The Making of T2” 30 Minute Featurette
  • Seamless Branching to View 3 Different Versions of the Movie
  • 2 Deleted Scenes with Audio Commentary
  • Trailers

CAST
Arnold Schwarzenegger The Terminator franchise, Total Recall, The Expendables franchise
Linda Hamilton Dante’s Peak, The Terminator, TV’s “Beauty and the Beast”
Edward Furlong American History X, Detroit Rock City, Pecker
Robert Patrick TV’s “Scorpion” and “The X-Files,” Walk the Line

PROGRAM INFORMATION
Year of Production: 1990
Title Copyright: © 1991 Studiocanal. All Rights Reserved.
Rating: R for strong sci-fi action and violence, and for language
Type: Theatrical Release
Genre: Action / Sci-Fi
Closed-Captions: N/A
Subtitles: English, French, German
Feature Run Time: 137 minutes
4K Format: 2160p Ultra High Definition 16x9 Widescreen 2.40:1 Presentation
Blu-ray Format: 1080P High Definition 16x9 Widescreen 2.40:1 Presentation
4K Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio™, French 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio™, German 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio™
Blu-ray Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio™, French 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio™, German 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio™

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Seems a missed opportunity to remix for Atmos, I also do not understand how Close Encounters can give us three versions yet they do not do it with this release, they planning to milk consumers with further re-releases down the road....I suspect.

I am also worried about DNR as per earlier in the thread.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I'm very disappointed that my favourite movies don't get the blurays they deserve.

I may have to buy the 2015 disc in the end.
Even if this is not DNRed, I don't like the correction of errors, replacing of stunt heads etc.
This is not really the theatrical cut!

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
I feel for those of you who were hoping Atmos. I'll be more than happy to see the 3D steelbook plop through my letter box in oh about 4 weeks now, sure been a long haul this.

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
You know its funny... 15 years ago I could swear people here were complaining about the fact that the older dvd's weren't offering the "original mix" (whatever the hell that was) and now people here are complaining about the fact that the new dvds aren't offering the newest mix (if they even did one in Atmos).

We've come full circle.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
You know its funny... 15 years ago I could swear people here were complaining about the fact that the older dvd's weren't offering the "original mix" (whatever the hell that was) and now people here are complaining about the fact that the new dvds aren't offering the newest mix (if they even did one in Atmos).

We've come full circle.
It’s a massive film, did huge business, other films are getting Atmos remixes, why not this one, why does it have to be one or the other too, give us the original mix and a new Atmos mix.

My main concern is when films are dynamically neutered with the range lowered for the home market, I would like original dynamic range and a mix for the sound bar crowd but for this film with all it’s many re-releases I am just surprised they did not do a new Atmos mix.

It’s hard to swallow if you are buying into any new format that you also have to choose to get into UHD with a theatrical cut only, this flick isn’t the first to provide that version only and it will not be the last, it just makes the decision to avoid, for some of us, easier, yes we are spoiled, since they know we are spoiled they should be going all out to pull every customer they can get into buying, that means all three versions of the film.

Last edited:

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member

We've come full circle.

Yup. I'm fine and dandy with remixes - as long as they include the original mix, too, and I'd never refuse to buy something because it "only" included the original mix.

I'm shocked the Criterion "Jabberwocky" only includes the crappy 5.1 remix - whatever happened to Criterion's commitment to a film's original presentation?

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Yup. I'm fine and dandy with remixes - as long as they include the original mix, too, and I'd never refuse to buy something because it "only" included the original mix.

I'm shocked the Criterion "Jabberwocky" only includes the crappy 5.1 remix - whatever happened to Criterion's commitment to a film's original presentation?

It appears nixing the mono was Gilliam's call, not Criterion's.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
So far the delay has been blamed on a

Problems with Cameron objecting to the lack of 3D in the US for the film that was specifically redone to get it in 3D
I would hope that's true.

A product worthy of the films biggest fans would include all 3 cuts in 4K and a Region A release of the 3D version.
:thumbsup:

Well if there was ever an argument about how 4k is getting ruined for the sake of a legacy format like 3D, this may be it.
3D must be the youngest legacy format and I don't get your logic.

No, the argument would be for a studio too lazy and/or cheap to deal properly with two totally separate presentation formats.
:thumbsup:

• Seamless Branching to View 3 Different Versions of the Movie
  • If the 4K includes the extended version I'll buy it.

Konstantinos

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Konstantinos
I'm looking forward to "a few words about" from Mr. Harris and curious to know if he applauds such a kind of restoration where all grain has been removed to present a crystal clear digital version of a film. (which in no way reminds of what we saw at theaters back then)

brap

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alisdair Edwards
Any caps comparison shows that it still looks better than the Skynet Edition in terms of detail. I would take the hit of bit of grain scrubbing for the newer color timing since it does not appear to be egregious. For all else you still have the 2015 blu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks