1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Press Release Lionsgate Press Release: Red Heat (4k UHD)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Available for the First Time on
    4K Ultra HD™ Combo Pack
    Including Dolby Vision®

Street Date: 10/29/194K UHD SRP: $22.99

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
    A legendary action superstar teams up with a legendary funny-man when Red Heat arrives on 4K Ultra HD™ Combo Pack (plus Blu-ray™ and Digital) for the first time on October 29 from Lionsgate. Just in time for Arnold Schwarzenegger’s return to the big screen in Terminator: Dark Fate, Red Heatstars the action film superstar himself alongside James Belushi, Peter Boyle, Ed O’Ross, Academy Award® nominee Laurence Fishburne (1993, Best Actor, What’s Love Got to Do with It), and Gina Gershon. Experience four times the resolution of full HD with the 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack, which includes Dolby Vision® HDR, bringing entertainment to life through ultra-vivid picture quality. When compared to a standard picture, Dolby Vision can deliver spectacular colors never before seen on a screen, highlights that are up to 40 times brighter, and blacks that are 10 times darker. Available for the very first time in this absolutely stunning format, the Red Heat 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack will include multiple featurettes, which dive into Arnold’s action legacy and the film’s Soviet Union setting, and will be available for the suggested retail price of $22.99.

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and James Belushi star in this nonstop action thriller from the director of 48 HRS.

CAST
    Arnold Schwarzenegger Terminator 2: Judgment Day, True Lies, Predator
    James Belushi TV’s “Saturday Night Live,” Little Shop of Horrors
    Peter Boyle Taxi Driver, Young Frankenstein
    Ed O’Ross Lethal Weapon, Universal Soldier
    Laurence Fishburne The Matrix, Contagion, John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum
    Gina Gershon Showgirls, Killer Joe, Bound

4K ULTRA HD / BLU-RAY SPECIAL FEATURES
    • “Arnold Schwarzenegger – The Man Who Raised Hollywood” Featurette
    • “Political Context of Red Heat” Featurette
    • “East Meets West” Featurette
    • “A Stunt Man for All Seasons” Featurette
    • “I’m Not Russian, But I Play One on TV” Featurette
    • “Making of Red Heat” Featurette
    • Original Trailer

PROGRAM INFORMATION
    Year of Production: 1988
    Title Copyright: © 1988 StudioCanal. All Rights Reserved.
    Type: Theatrical Release
    Rating: R
    Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy
    Closed Captioned: NA
    Subtitles: English, Spanish, English SDH
    Feature Running Time: 104 Minutes
    4K Ultra HD™ Format: Dolby Vision, 2160p Ultra High Definition, 16x9 1.85:1 Presentation
    Blu-ray Format: 1080p High Definition, 16x9 1.85:1 Presentation
    4K Audio Status: English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio, Spanish Mono DTS-HD Master Audio
    Blu-ray Audio Status: English 5.1 DTS-HD, Spanish Mono DTS-HD Master Audio

2. Message #2 of 6 Sep 16, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
    Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    You got to be kidding me. Wind River sits with no 4K/UHD release and they release this 1988 movie on 4K/UHD that isn't among Arnold's best. I would be careful about buying this 4K/UHD disc as this movie has never looked particularly good on home video. The DVD was awful while the Blu-ray was better, but still average at best. Matter of fact, it wasn't a good looking film when I watched it in a movie theater back in the day.

Vegas 1, Bryan^H and dpippel like this.
  3. Bryan^H

Bryan^H Lead Actor

Yeah. Sometimes the choices mad by studios for 4K releases are puzzling.
    This is my least favorite movie from Arnold in the 80's. If I find it for $12 down the line..maybe.

4. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Lead Actor

To my surprise, the Blu-ray included here is a new version, not the recycled disc from 2009.

Is there any evidence the 2019 Blu-ray will get an individual release? I can't find any sign of a solo 2019 Blu-ray anywhere...

5. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    I bought the 4K digital earlier this weekend from iTunes for $7.99. I watched it today after getting bored watching terrible NFL games. I must say I was pleasantly surprised that it looked decent in 4K/Dolby Vision for a late 80's film with its ugly filter look. I forgot a young Gina Gershon was in this film as she looked hot as usual.;) Again, not one of Arnold's best, but, it was half way entertaining.

6. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Archivist
    Reviewer

Robert Harris
    Review will be up in near future. Very good looking disc. Titles razor sharp. Bit of red push in some facial tonalities, but overall a nice 4k.

Couple of months before it was released, c April of 1988, I was working at Warner Hollywood where Red Heat was in post. An English friend with whom I was working was given a tour, and I tagged along.

Just after we entered the dubbing stage, we heard the line something akin to "I'll have a tea." Belushi responds "in a glass, with lemon." Schwarzenegger replies "How do you know that?" "I've seen Dr. Zhivago."

The gent being given the tour turned to me and asked, "Is this a set-up?"

It wasn't.

Vegas 1, Robert Crawford and Gary16 like this.