Lionsgate Press Release: Quentin Tarantino's Rolling Thunder Pictures Triple Feature

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
2748.jpg

Features3 Cult Classics, Including THE MIGHTY PEKING MAN,DETROIT 9000 And SWITCHBLADE SISTERS
Street Date: 4/16/13
DVDSRP: $14.98

PROGRAMDESCRIPTION
Quentin Tarantino’s Rolling Thunder Pictures TripleFeaturecomes to DVD April 16th from Miramax and Lionsgate Home Entertainment. This DVD compilation offers a sampling of films from the specialty labelRolling Thunders Pictures, which was launched by Tarantino and Miramax in1995. With the goal to release older exploitation movies and undiscoveredimports, Tarantino brought the movies back to life for the mainstreammovie-going audience. The release of Quentin Tarantino’s RollingThunder Pictures Triple Feature coincides with the home entertainmentrelease of his latest, Academy Award® winning film, DjangoUnchained. A must-have for Tarantino fans, this classic collection will beavailable on DVD for the suggested retail price of $14.98.
THE MIGHTY PEKING MAN SYNOPSIS
Treatyourself to one of the funniest and campiest movies ever made: The MightyPeking Man! After a colossal ape-like creature is captured in the jungleand brought to civilization – along with the scantily clad blonde bombshell heprotects – the fearsome beast breaks loose and goes looking for giant-sizepayback!
CAST
Evelyne Kraft LadyDracula, The Fifth Commandment
DannyLee TheKiller, City on Fire
DETROIT 9000 SYNOPSIS
Jam-packed with nonstop action,sexy distractions and funky music, this hip crime story follows two Detroitcops, whose pursuit of a dangerous gang responsible for a high-society heistignites a powder keg of corruption and violence!

CAST
Alex Rocco TheGodfather, Smokin’ Aces, STARZ’s “Magic City”
HariRhodes TV’s Roots, Conquest of the Planetof the Apes
and Vonetta McGee TV’s“L.A. Law,” Repo Man
Herb Jefferson, Jr. TV’s“Battlestar Galactica,” TV’s “The Devlin Connection”
and Ella Edwards DirtyO’Neil, Mr. Ricco, Sweet Sugar
SWITCHBLADE SISTERS SYNOPSIS
A riotously entertaining mix ofsex, jealousy and massive firepower, Jack Hill’s Switchblade Sistersis the action-packed story of the toughest gang of teenage girls to ever hitthe streets – the Dagger Debs. Bad to the bone, these outrageous high schoolvixens go where they want…and create mayhem wherever they go!

CAST
Robbie Lee BigBad Mama, The Therapist
Joanne Nail FullMoon High, The Gumball Rally
AsherBrauner The Boss’ Son, American Eagle, Merchants ofWar
KittyBruce Bad
JaniceKarman TV’s “The Chipmunks,” TV’s Breaking Up isHard to Do
MarleneClark TV’s “Sanford and Son,” Lord Shango, TheBaron
andMonica Gayle TV’s“General Hospital,” Nashville Girl
[font=""Times New Roman""] [/font]
[font=""Times New Roman""]PROGRAMINFORMATION[/font][font=""Times New Roman""]
[/font][font=""Times New Roman""]Year ofProduction: [/font][font=""Times New Roman""] [/font]
[font=""Times New Roman""]TheMighty Peking Man[/font][font=""Times New Roman""]:1977[/font]
[font=""Times New Roman""]Detroit9000[/font][font=""Times New Roman""]: 1973[/font]
[font=""Times New Roman""]SwitchbladeSisters[/font][font=""Times New Roman""]: 1975[/font]
[font=""Times New Roman""]Title Copyright:[/font][font=""Times New Roman""]© 2013 Miramax,LLC[/font]
[font=""Times New Roman""]Type: [/font]DVD Collection Premiere
[font=""Times New Roman""]Rating: [/font]
[font=""Times New Roman""]TheMighty Peking Man[/font][font=""Times New Roman""]:PG-13 for violence and sensuality[/font]
[font=""Times New Roman""]Detroit9000, Switchblade Sisters[/font][font=""Times New Roman""]:R[/font]
[font=""Times New Roman""]Genre:[/font] Action, Drama
[font=""Times New Roman""]DVD ClosedCaptioned: [/font][font=""Times New Roman""]NA[/font]
[font=""Times New Roman""]Subtitles:[/font] NA
[font=""Times New Roman""]Feature RunningTime:[/font][font=""Times New Roman""] [/font]
[font=""Times New Roman""]TheMighty Peking Man[/font][font=""Times New Roman""]:90 minutes[/font]
[font=""Times New Roman""]Detroit9000[/font][font=""Times New Roman""]: 106minutes[/font]
SwitchbladeSisters:91 minutes
[font=""Times New Roman""]DVD Format:[/font]
[font=""Times New Roman""]TheMighty Peking Man[/font][font=""Times New Roman""]:[/font][font=""Times New Roman""]16x9Widescreen (2.35:1)[/font]
[font=""Times New Roman""]Detroit9000[/font][font=""Times New Roman""]: [/font]16x9 Widescreen (1.78:1)
[font=""Times New Roman""]SwitchbladeSisters[/font][font=""Times New Roman""]: [/font]16x9 Widescreen (1.85:1)
[font=""Times New Roman""]DVD Audio Status[/font]:
[font=""Times New Roman""]TheMighty Peking Man[/font][font=""Times New Roman""]:English 2.0 Dolby Digital[/font]
[font=""Times New Roman""]Detroit9000, Switchblade Sisters[/font][font=""Times New Roman""]:English Monaural Dolby Digital[/font]

Russell G

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
If this was bluray upgrade I'd be all over it. looks like a repack though and I got two out of the three so it will have to be one heck of a deal for me to buy.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Not to mention these look completely featureless. Granted, PEKING MAN and DETROIT 9000 were pretty bare bones their first time out but SWITCHBLADE SISTERS had audio commentary by Jack Hill and a trailer gallery of his movies. Only for bargain hunters.

Jobla

Supporting Actor
I'd love to see a separate Blu-ray release of SWITCHBLADE SISTERS, or even a Blu-ray three-pack featuring the three films.

Russell G

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
The Switchblade Sisters disc is worth the price alone if you're a fan of the film. The only one I'm missing is Peking Man though. Sad it's not a bluray upgrade, Shout/Scream has done some nice multipacks with the Corman stuff on Blu.

I think "Curdled" and maybe one more film came out with the "Rolling Thunder" heading, they should just do an all in one boxset on Blu and forget about it.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I know that the previous DETROIT 9000 and SWITCHBLADE SISTERS discs weren't anamorphic, which may alone be reason enough to upgrade.

Russell G

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I didn't realize that Mark, I picked them up ages ago, I don;t think I watched Detroit or Sisters on my new set that would take advantage. I suspect though that this set will be the same discs. Well have to wait on a review.

Jobla

Supporting Actor
With all three films squeezed onto one DVD, this simply looks like a catalog dump to me.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgiastevenson