1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Press Release Lionsgate Press Release: Midway 2019 (4K UHD) (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 2.57.23 PM.

SANTA MONICA, CA (January 6, 2020)
    – Epic blockbuster filmmaker Roland Emmerich (Independence Day, The Day After Tomorrow) directs an all-star ensemble cast when Midway arrives on Digital February 4 and on 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (plus Blu-ray and Digital), Blu-ray Combo Pack (plus DVD and Digital), DVD, and On Demand February 18 from Lionsgate. An intimate portrayal of historic actual events written by Wes Tooke, Midway stars Ed Skrein (Deadpool, Alita: Battle Angel, If Beale Street Could Talk), Golden Globe® nominee Patrick Wilson (2016, Best Performance by an Actor in a Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television, TV’s “Fargo”), Luke Evans (Dracula Untold, Beauty and the Beast, Fast & Furious 6, Anna), Golden Globe® nominee Aaron Eckhart (2007, Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture –Musical or Comedy, Thank You for Smoking), Golden Globe®nominee Nick Jonas (2018, Best Original Song – Motion Picture, Ferdinand), Golden Globe® winner Darren Criss (2019, Best Performance by an Actor in a Limited Series or a Motion Picture Made for Television, TV’s “The Assassination of Gianni Versace: American Crime Story”), with Golden Globe® nominee Mandy Moore (2017, Best Performance by an Actress in a Supporting Role in a Series, Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television, TV’s “This Is Us”), with Golden Globe® nominee Dennis Quaid (2011, Best Performance by an Actor in a Limited Series or Motion Picture Made for Television, TV’s “The Special Relationship”), and Oscar® nominee Woody Harrelson (2017, Actor in a Supporting Role, Three Billboards outside Ebbing, Missouri). A story about heroes you need to know, Midway features fully realized characters, incredible special effects, and gorgeous cinematography.

Midway centers on the Battle of Midway, a clash between the American fleet and the Imperial Japanese Navy which marked a pivotal turning point in the Pacific Theater during WWII. The film, based on the real-life events of this heroic feat, tells the story of the leaders and soldiers who used their instincts, fortitude, and bravery to overcome the odds. Directed by Roland Emmerich.

Take home Midway and immerse yourself in history with multiple featurettes, including “We Met at Midway: Two Survivors Remember” and “Joe Rochefort: Breaking the Japanese Code,” which focus on real-life Midway decorated flyers sharing their story of survival and the enigmatic genius Joseph Rochefort, whose team broke the Japanese naval code essential to winning the battle. Experience four times the resolution of full HD with the 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack, which includes Dolby Vision, bringing entertainment to life through ultra-vivid picture quality. When compared to a standard picture, Dolby Vision can deliver spectacular colors never before seen on a screen, highlights that are up to 40 times brighter, and blacks that are 10 times darker. Additionally, the 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack features Dolby Atmos, which will transport viewers from an ordinary moment into an extraordinary experience with moving audio that flows all around them. Fans will feel like they’re inside the action as the sounds of people, places, things, and music come alive with breathtaking realism and move throughout the space.

The Midway 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack, and DVD will be available for the suggested retail price of $42.99, $39.99, and $29.95, respectively.

4K UHD / BLU-RAY / DIGITAL SPECIAL FEATURES

• Audio Commentary by Roland Emmerich
    • “Getting It Right: The Making of Midway” Featurette
    • “The Men of Midway” Featurette
    • “Roland Emmerich: Man on a Mission” Featurette
    • “Turning Point: The Legacy of Midway” Featurette
    • “Joe Rochefort: Breaking the Japanese Code” Featurette
    • “We Met at Midway: Two Survivors Remember” Featurette
    • Theatrical Trailer

DIGITAL SPECIAL FEATURES
    • Audio Commentary by Roland Emmerich
    • “Getting It Right: The Making of Midway” Featurette
    • “The Men of Midway” Featurette
    • Theatrical Trailer

PROGRAM INFORMATION
    Year of Production:
    Title Copyright: Midway © 2019 Midway Island Productions, LLC. Artwork & Supplementary Materials © 2020 Summit Entertainment, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
    Type: Theatrical Release
    Rating: PG-13 for sequences of war violence and related images, language and smoking.
    Genre: Action
    Closed-Captioned: N/A
    Subtitles: English, Spanish, English SDH
    Feature Run Time: 138 Minutes
    4K Ultra HD Format: 2160p Ultra High Definition 16x9 (2.39:1) Presentation with Dolby Vision
    BD Format: 1080p High Definition 16x9 (2.39:1) Presentation
    DVD Format: 16x9 (2.39:1) Presentation
    4K Audio: English Dolby Atmos, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Audio, English Descriptive Audio,
    BD Audio: English Dolby Atmos, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Audio, English Descriptive Audio,
    DVD Audio: English and Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital Audio, English Descriptive Audio

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Tino likes this.
  2. skylark68

skylark68 Screenwriter

Timothy
    How does the modern film compare to the Heston/Fonda et al production? I haven't seen the new film yet although I attempted to a few times (got sidetracked and watched something else).

3. Jack P

Jack P Producer

I wouldn't mind a new Blu-Ray of the original "Midway" that like the releases of "Earthquake" and "Two Minute Warning" included the full TV cut (the existing one only gives us the Susan Sullivan scenes as a supplement but not the Coral Sea ones).

skylark68 likes this.
  4. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    I've seen this movie and enjoyed it more than I thought I would so I'm debating whether to buy the 4K disc or simply purchase the 4K digital. I guess it depends on whether the 4K digital will have Dolby Atmos audio.

Tino likes this.
  5. Tino

Tino Executive Producer
    Supporter

Valentino
    Terrific film and miles better than the ‘76 version imo.

skylark68 likes this.
  6. Tino

Tino Executive Producer
    Supporter

Valentino
    I’m sure it will.

7. YANG

YANG Supporting Actor

I was expecting an extended edition release from Roland Emmerich...