1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Press Release Lionsgate Press Release: Midsommar (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Aug 19, 2019.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Screen Shot 2019-08-19 at 12.20.04 PM.

Visionary Writer-Director Ari Aster Returns
    with a Whole New Kind of Terror Arriving on
    Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and DVD October 8 from Lionsgate®

SANTA MONICA, CA (August 19, 2019) — Horror auteur Ari Aster, the filmmaker behind last year’s breakout horror film Hereditary, is back with the unnerving and viscerally disturbing sun-soaked horror film Midsommar, arriving on Digital and On Demand September 24 from A24, and on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack (plus DVD and Digital), and DVD October 8 from Lionsgate. The film stars Florence Pugh (upcoming Black Widow and Little Women) as a young woman who reluctantly joins her boyfriend on a summer trip to a remote Swedish village for a midsummer festival, which becomes more and more sinister as the days pass. The Rotten Tomato Certified Fresh™ film also stars Jack Reynor (Kin, Free Fire, TV’s “Strange Angel”), William Jackson Harper (TV’s “The Good Place,” They Remain, TV’s “Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan”), and Will Poulter (The Maze Runner, Detroit, The Revenant). Executive produced by Philip Westgren (Hellboy), Fredrik Heinig (Thelma), and Ben Rimmer (Ibiza, TV’s “Mr Selfridge”), Midsommar is “an expert piece of daylit terror” (Joshua Rothkopf, Time Out New York).

After a family tragedy, a young American couple joins some friends at a midsummer festival in a remote Swedish village. What begins as a carefree summer holiday takes a sinister turn when the insular villagers invite their guests to partake in festivities that grow increasingly unnerving and viscerally disturbing. From the visionary mind of Ari Aster (Hereditary), comes this dread-soaked cinematic fairy tale where a world of darkness unfolds in broad daylight.

Bring home Midsommar and unravel the mystery behind the making of this harrowing tale with a never-before-seen making-of featurette, offering insight into Aster’s vision. The Midsommar Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD will be available for the suggested retail price of $39.99 and $29.95, respectively.

BLU-RAY / DVD SPECIAL FEATURES
    • “Let the Festivities Begin: Manifesting Midsommar” Featurette
    • “Bear in a Cage™” Promo

PROGRAM INFORMATION
    Year of Production: 2019
    Title Copyright: © 2019 A24 Films LLC. All Rights Reserved.
    Type: Theatrical Release
    Rating: R disturbing ritualistic violence and grisly images, strong sexual content, graphic nudity, drug use and language
    Genre: Horror, Mystery, Drama
    Closed-Captioned: N/A
    Subtitles: Spanish, English SDH
    Feature Run Time: 147 Minutes
    BD Format: 1080p High Definition 16x9 2.00:1 Presentation
    DVD Format: 16x9 2.00:1 Presentation
    BD Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio™
    DVD Audio: English 5.1 Dolby Digital Audio

ahollis likes this.
  2. Kyle_D

Kyle_D Second Unit

Loved the film, but I'm amazed that Lionsgate would announce a release without the director's cut TWO DAYS AFTER Aster screened the directors cut in New York. I'm wondering the if the director's cut will be available with the digital copy included with this release. Also, the lack of a UHD is disappointing.

3. titch

titch Supporting Actor

Kevin Oppegaard
    Lionsgate has a wildly unpredictable 4K release schedule - they released a 4K UHD of The Witch a whole 3 years after the blu ray! The Director's Cut of Midsommar sounds like something I would definitely go for - the reviews were very positive. The two films I've enjoyed the most at the cinema so far this year are Midsommar and Once Upon A Time...In Hollywood - neither felt too long for me.

Not every film needs another half hour tacked on to it though. On the upcoming 4K UHD Apocalypse Now, I'm going to stick with the original theatrical version, when I watch it at home. The extra scenes really made the movie drag.

4. skylark68

skylark68 Screenwriter

Timothy
    I figure there will be a 4K Director's Cut release within a short period of time just to get everyone to double dip.

5. Tino

Tino Executive Producer
    Supporter

Valentino
    If will also probably be available in 4K immediately on the streaming services like iTunes. That’s what I’ll buy. Prob $14.99.

6. ahollis

ahollis Lead Actor
    Supporter

Allen
    The Directors Cut is in theatres now. I would enjoy having a Blu-Ray of it.

7. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

8. Kyle_D

Kyle_D Second Unit

Jeff Adkins and Tino like this.
  9. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

I'm hoping this is just a window of exclusivity and there will be an eventual disc release. Even if they're planning that, they won't say anything because Apple doesn't want that to slow their sales.

ahollis likes this.