1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Press Release Lionsgate Press Release: Knives Out (4k UHD) (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 12.39.30 PM.

SANTA MONICA, CA (January 22, 2020) – Rian Johnson’s Academy Award®-nominated (Best Original Screenplay) and Golden Globe®-nominated (Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy, Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy [Ana de Armas], Best Performance by an Actor in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy [Daniel Craig]) whodunnit with an all-star ensemble cast exposes its secrets when Knives Out arrives on Digital February 7 and on 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (plus Blu-ray and Digital), Blu-ray Combo Pack (plus DVD and Digital), DVD, and On Demand February 25 from Lionsgate and MRC Film.

Written, produced, and directed by filmmaker Rian Johnson (Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Looper), and produced by Ram Bergman (Star Wars: The Last Jedi, Looper) and Johnson through T-Street, the film is Certified Fresh on Rotten Tomatoes™ at 97% (as of 1/21/20) and has received awards from AFI, National Board of Review, New York Film Critics, Philadelphia Film Festival, The Hollywood Critics Association, Rotten Tomatoes’ Golden Tomatoes Awards, and more. Knives Out stars Daniel Craig(James Bond franchise, Logan Lucky, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo), Chris Evans (The Avengersfranchise, Captain America, Gifted), Ana de Armas (Blade Runner 2049, War Dogs, Knock Knock), Golden Globe® winner Jamie Lee Curtis (1990, Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Musical or Comedy, “Anything But Love”), Oscar® nominee Michael Shannon (2008, Actor in a Supporting Role, Revolutionary Road), Golden Globe® winner and Emmy® nominee Don Johnson(1986, Best Performance by an Actor in a Television Series – Drama, “Miami Vice”; 1985, Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series, “Miami Vice”), Oscar® nominee and Golden Globe® winner Toni Collette(1999, Actress in a Supporting Role, The Sixth Sense; 2010, Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Musical or Comedy, “United States of Tara”), LaKeith Stanfield (Sorry to Bother You, Get Out, TV’s “Atlanta”), Golden Globe® nominee Katherine Langford (2018, Best Performance by an Actress in a Television Series – Drama, “13 Reasons Why”), Jaeden Martell (It, It: Chapter 2, St. Vincent, The Book of Henry), and Oscar®, Tony Award®, and Emmy® winner Christopher Plummer(2011, Actor in a Supporting Role, Beginners; 1974, Actor (Musical), Cyrano; 1997, Actor (Play), Barrymore; 1977, Outstanding Lead Actor in a Limited Series, “The Moneychangers NBC World Premiere The Big Event”; 1994, Outstanding Voice-Over Performance, “Madeline”). Adored by audiences and critics alike, Knives Out is full of mystery, suspense, humor, and incredible performances from a star-studded ensemble cast.

The circumstances surrounding the death of crime novelist Harlan Thrombey are mysterious, but there’s one thing that renowned Detective Benoit Blanc knows for sure—everyone in the wildly dysfunctional Thrombey family is a suspect. Now, Blanc must sift through a web of lies and red herrings to uncover the truth. From acclaimed writer-director Rian Johnson comes this suspenseful, twist-filled whodunnit with an all-star ensemble cast including Daniel Craig, Chris Evans, Ana de Armas, Jamie Lee Curtis, Michael Shannon, Don Johnson, Toni Collette, LaKeith Stanfield, Katherine Langford, Jaeden Martell, Christopher Plummer, and more.

Take home Knives Out and immerse yourself in the mystery with special features including audio commentary and in-theatre commentary by filmmaker Rian Johnson, two never-before-seen deleted scenes, the eight-part “Making a Murder” documentary, the “Rian Johnson: Planning the Perfect Murder” featurette, a Q&A with the director and cast, and so much more. Experience four times the resolution of full HD with the 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack, which includes Dolby Vision, bringing entertainment to life through ultra-vivid picture quality. When compared to a standard picture, Dolby Vision can deliver spectacular colors never before seen on a screen, highlights that are up to 40 times brighter, and blacks that are 10 times darker. Additionally, the 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack features Dolby Atmos, which will transport viewers from an ordinary moment into an extraordinary experience with moving audio that flows all around them. Fans will feel like they’re inside the action as the sounds of people, places, things, and music come alive with breathtaking realism and move throughout the space.

The Knives Out 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack, and DVD will be available for the suggested retail price of $42.99, $39.99, and $29.95, respectively.

4K UHD / BLU-RAY / DVD / DIGITAL SPECIAL FEATURES

• Audio Commentary by Writer-Director Rian Johnson, Director of Photography Steve Yedlin, and Actor Noah Segan
    • In-Theatre Commentary by Rian Johnson
    • Deleted Scene: “Bicycling Accident” (with Optional Audio Commentary by Rian Johnson)
    • Deleted Scene: “Don’t Do Anything Rash” (with Optional Audio Commentary by Rian Johnson)
    • “Making a Murder” Eight-Part Documentary
    • “Rian Johnson: Planning the Perfect Murder” Featurette
    • Writer-Director and Cast Q&A
    • Marketing Gallery
    • “Meet the Thrombeys” Viral Ads

PROGRAM INFORMATION
    Year of Production: 2019
    Title Copyright: Knives Out © 2019 Lions Gate Films Inc. and MRC II Distribution Company LP. All Rights Reserved. Artwork & Supplementary Materials © 2020 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Type: Theatrical Release
    Rating: PG-13 for thematic elements including brief violence, some strong language, sexual references, and drug material.
    Genre: Mystery, Suspense, Comedy, Thriller
    Subtitles: English, French, Spanish, English SDH
    Feature Run Time: 130 Minutes
    4K Ultra HD Format: 2160p Ultra High Definition 16x9 (1.85:1) Presentation with Dolby Vision and HDR10
    BD Format: 1080p 23.98 High Definition 16x9 (1.85:1) Presentation
    DVD Format: 16x9 (1.85:1) Presentation
    4K, BD Audio: English Dolby Atmos, English Descriptive Audio, French 5.1 (Dolby Audio), Spanish 5.1 (Dolby Audio)
    DVD Audio: English 5.1 (Dolby Audio), English Descriptive Audio, French 5.1 (Dolby Audio), Spanish 5.1 (Dolby Audio)

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

2. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    Yikes. That cover artwork is awful.

But it's a great movie, so I definitely want to get it. I'm glad to see it will be stacked with features since I'm interested in diving deep into what I think is one of the best movies of last year.

Tino likes this.
  3. Tino

Tino Executive Producer
    Supporter

Valentino
    Terrific film. My second favorite of the year after 1917.

Jake Lipson likes this.
  4. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    I'll definitely buying the 4K disc.

Jake Lipson and Tino like this.
  5. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor
    Supporter

Patrick McCart
    While I didn't see many films in the theater in 2019, this was one of two 2019 releases I did see. Just a great "whodunnit" from start to finish. Great cast, pitch perfect screenplay, not a wasted shot in the whole film (that includes shots that deceptively look reused). This is going to be demo 4K material from how it looked and sounded theatrically. Though, I'll be picking up the Best Buy 4K steelbook, which is designed to look like one of Harlan Thrombey's novels.

Jake Lipson likes this.
  6. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Tons of fun and one of my favorite movies of the year!

Tino and Jake Lipson like this.
  7. Cranston37

Cranston37 Cinematographer

I've read some people say that the disc cover art could be seen as spoilerish for the movie... I haven't seen the movie yet so just in case I'm not going to look at the artwork but can anyone who has seen it comment on if it is?

8. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

Only if someone thinks that showing the people that are in the movie is a spoiler. The cover is just a reworking of the poster so that James Bond and Captain America (who are currently the most famous folks in the movie) are featured much more prominently than the rest of the actors. I guess they felt obligated to throw Ana de Armas in between them since she's actually the lead of the movie.

9. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Lead Actor

And she's hot! :emoji_heart_eyes:

TravisR and Tino like this.