1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Press Release Lionsgate Press Release: Hell or High Water (4k UHD)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Nov 13, 2017.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Available for the First Time on
    4K Ultra HD™ Combo Pack to Include Both
    Dolby Vision™ and Dolby Atmos®

PROGRAM DESCRIPTION
    Nominated for four Academy Awards®, including Best Picture, Best Supporting Actor (Jeff Bridges), Best Original Screenplay and Best Film Editing, relive every heart-racing moment of Hell or High Water when it arrives on 4K Ultra HD™ Combo Pack (plus Blu-ray™ and Digital) February 13 from Lionsgate. Written by Taylor Sheridan (Sicario) and directed by David Mackenzie, experience four times the resolution of Full HD with 4K, which is also joined by Dolby Vision High Dynamic Range (HDR) to bring to life the stunning cinematography of this modern-day western. Dolby Vision transforms the TV experience in the home by delivering greater brightness and contrast, as well as a fuller palette of rich colors. The release also features Dolby Atmos audio mixed specifically for the home to place and move audio anywhere in the room, including overhead. Rotten Tomatoes Certified Fresh™, the Hell or High Water 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack is loaded with special features and will be available for the suggested retail price of $22.99.

OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS
    When a desperate father (Chris Pine) learns that the bank is going to take his family’s land, he and his ex-con brother (Ben Foster) are left with no choice. They decide to rob the bank’s branches, putting themselves in the crosshairs of an aging Texas Ranger (Jeff Bridges) in a riveting story of crime, punishment, and brotherly love.

CAST
    Jeff Bridges True Grit, Tron, Crazy Heart, The Big Lebowski
    Chris Pine Wonder Woman, Star Trek, Unstoppable
    Ben Foster 3:10 to Yuma, Lone Survivor, The Mechanic
    Gil Birmingham The Twilight Saga Franchise, Rango, Wind River

4K ULTRA HD / BLU-RAY / DIGITAL HD SPECIAL FEATURES
    • “Enemies Forever: The Characters of Hell or High Water” Featurette
    • “Visualizing the Heart of America” Featurette
    • “Damaged Heroes: The Performances of Hell or High Water” Featurette
    • Red Carpet Premiere
    • Filmmaker Q&A

[​IMG]
    HELL OR HIGH WATER // Trailer
    Available on 4K Ultra HD™ Combo Pack - February 13, 2018
    PROGRAM INFORMATION
    Year of Production: 2016
    Title Copyright: Hell or High Water © Coman Movie, LLC. All Rights Reserved. Artwork & Supplementary Materials © 2018 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Type: Theatrical Release
    Rating: R for some strong violence, language throughout and brief sexuality
    Genre: Action, Drama, Thriller
    Closed Captioned: N/A
    Subtitles: English, Spanish, English SDH
    Feature Running Time: 122 minutes
    4K Ultra HD™ Format: Dolby Vision, 2160p Ultra High Definition 16x9 Widescreen 2.40:1 Presentation
    Blu-ray Format: 1080P High Definition 16x9 Widescreen 2.40:1 Presentation
    4K Audio Status: English Dolby Atmos, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Dolby Digital Audio Optimized for Late-Night Listening, English Descriptive Audio
    Blu-ray Audio Status: English 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio™, Spanish 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Dolby Digital Audio Optimized for Late-Nigh Listening, English Descriptive Audio

2. Todd Erwin

Todd Erwin Producer
    Reviewer

Todd Erwin
    This should have been released day and date last year..... but happy it is finally coming out in 4K.

Robert Crawford, Craig S and Tino like this.
  3. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    And this is why I'm not buying the Blu of "Wind River" this week. A UHD will surely follow next year.

4. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Screenwriter

Jake Lipson
    I'm not currently UHD equipped, so I'm good with my existing Blu-ray, but my reaction to seeing this announcement was also, "Why didn't they just do this last year?" Better late than never, I guess, but especially given the relatively short period between releases, it would be nice of Lionsgate to do something for fans who upgrade, like a rebate program or something (Disney used to give $5 rebates if you double dip upgraded on one of their big animated catalog titles; they haven't done that for years, but it was a nice touch while it lasted.)

Also, since the film was nominated for Best Picture between its original Blu-ray release and this one, it seems a little odd that they haven't redone the cover art to promote that fact.

And while we're on the subject of Wind River, since its disc is being released through Lionsgate, that means they have the distribution rights to Taylor Sheridan's entire "American Frontier Trilogy" with Sicario, Hell or High Water and Wind River. Why haven't they announced a box set release for these titles? I don't need to buy Sicario or Hell again, but it wouldn't cost them very much to put a cardboard box around existing catalog titles, and may help move additional copies of the older two. I mean, I would do this if I were Lionsgate. But then, if I were Lionsgate, I would also have kept distribution rights on Soldado instead of rejecting it and giftwrapping it for Sony. So what do they know?

5. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This release pisses me off because of what you stated.

6. Robert Crawford

Robert
    Same here! I won't buy the Wind River Blu-ray now as I've seen this film twice so I can wait until next year for a 4K/UHD release.

7. Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield Executive Producer

I enjoyed this film, but there's no way I am double dipping on such a recent release. I will stick with my Blu-ray copy.

SAhmed likes this.
  8. DavidJ

DavidJ Producer

David
    I’m also irritated by this and will stick with my Blu-ray.

9. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    Same here. The Blu-ray will have to suffice in this situation.

SAhmed likes this.
  10. Robert Crawford

Robert
    I fully understand that sentiment.

11. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    When I saw this press release I also immediately thought to myself, "Hey you idiots, why didn't you do this in the first place?" For Lionsgate to suddenly decide to force *some* people to double-dip on a tier-1 title is just crazy.

12. Craig S

Craig S Producer
    Supporter

Craig Seanor
    Lionsgate did the same with this year's Oscar winner, Moonlight. Blu earlier this year; UHD next month. I waited on that one as well. Moonlight's cinematography should be spectacular in 4K/HDR.

I guess with Lionsgate good things come to those who wait...

13. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Screenwriter

Jake Lipson
    I agree completely that the timing of this release is bad, and they should have known to do it last year. But it's possible that they did not view this (or Moonlight, which was a micro-budget indie with no stars that came out of nowhere to win Best Picture) as tier-1 titles until they began receiving serious awards attention. I could understand a situation where they might not believe that small low-grossing indie titles which they did not even make themselves would not be a big draw in 4K

That was an incorrect assumption to make, but perhaps it is a situation where the Blu-ray was way more popular than they expected, and now they see that there is demand for the 4K they didn't think there was before. If this is the case, that's why I think a small discount rebate program would be in order for those who have already bought the previous Blu-ray. They won't do this, but it would be a good faith gesture if they did.

Or it could be a shameless double dip as everyone here seems to think.

That being said, watch Wind River also have stronger sales than they expect and land in this situation next year.