1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Press Release Lionsgate Press Release: Goodtime (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Message #1 of 5 Sep 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2018
    Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    “Robert Pattinson burns up the screen”

- Dave Calhoun, Time Out New York

“A breathless battering pulp thriller”

-Guy Lodge, Variety

Someone Always Pays

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Robert Pattinson Stars in the Nonstop Action-Thriller Arriving on Blu-rayTM and DVD on November 21from Lionsgate

SANTA MONICA, CA (September 14, 2017) – No crime goes unpunished when the hypnotic action-thriller Good Time heads to Blu-ray (plus Digital HD) and DVD November 21 from Lionsgate. Racing against the clock to get his brother out of jail, Connie Nikas finds himself trying to make some quick hustles while evading arrest on the colorful streets of New York. Directed by the visionary Safdie Brothers (Heaven Knows What, Lenny Cooke) and starring Robert Pattinson (The Twilight Saga franchise, The Rover) and Oscar® nominee Jennifer Jason Leigh (Best Supporting Actress, The Hateful Eight, 2015), the Rotten Tomatoes Certified Fresh™ film, which was an official selection at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival and received a 6 minute standing ovation, is “pure cinematic pleasure” (Manohla Dargis, The New York Times).

From acclaimed filmmakers Josh and Benny Safdie comes this hypnotic, adrenaline-fueled crime thriller. In a career-defining role, Robert Pattinson stars as Connie Nikas, who embarks on a twisted one-night odyssey through the city’s underworld in a desperate – and dangerous – attempt to get his brother Nick (Benny Safdie) out of jail.

The Good Time Blu-ray and DVD, which includes a never-before-seen featurette; audio commentary with directors Benny and Josh Safdie, producer Sebastian Bear-McClard, and actors Taliah Lennice Webster and Buddy Duress; and a music video, will be available in bold neon-electric packaging for the suggested retail price of $24.99 and $19.98, respectively.

BLU-RAY/DVD SPECIAL FEATURES

· “The Pure and the Damned: Good Time” Featurette

· Audio Commentary with directors Josh and Benny Safdie, producer Sebastian Bear-McClard, and actors Taliah Lennice Webster and Buddy Duress

· Music Video

PROGRAM INFORMATION

Year of Production: 2016

Title Copyright: Good Time © 2017 Hercules Film Investments SARL. Artwork & Supplementary Materials © 2017 Lions Gate Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Type: Theatrical Release

Rating: R for language throughout, violence, drug use and sexual content

Genre: Crime, Thriller

Closed-Captioned: N/A

Subtitles: Spanish and English SDH

Feature Run Time: 101 minutes

Blu-ray™ Format: 1080p High Definition 16x9 Widescreen 2.39:1 Presentation

DVD Format: 16x9 Widescreen 2.39:1 Presentation

Blu-ray™ Audio: English 5.1 DTS-HD Master AudioTM

DVD Audio: English 5.1 Dolby Digital Audio

The link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

2. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    This is one of those blind purchases I am going to make based on the trailer.

3. Ryan Barrett

Ryan Barrett Agent

Ryan Barrett
    Excellent film - I watched in a totally empty movie theater opening night...which is a shame. Not sure I would purchase though, it's a very tough film to watch and carries a pretty emotional wallop.

TravisR likes this.
  4. TravisR

TravisR Studio Mogul

And at the same time, it's also funny at points. The more bad things that would happen, the more I wanted to laugh because it just made me wonder how unlucky one guy be.

Ryan Barrett likes this.
  5. The Drifter

The Drifter Stunt Coordinator

Jim
    Saw Good Time last year & agree with everyone who is praising this film. The movie is brilliant, raw, emotional, and powerful. Amazing performances here by all the cast, from the major leads to all of the supporting players.

Though I am a fan of the first Twilight film (I liked the horror aspect), I've never thought that RP was anything more than an average actor - until recently. However, his role as Connie Nikas in this film was astounding - he completely transformed himself into the character. He definitely deserved an Oscar nomination for this. I also thought his performance in the Australian movie The Rover (2014) was great as well - but that's another thread.

I have unfortunately run into people like Nikas in real life, i.e. those who continuously take advantage of others (or at least try to) & don't think they're doing anything wrong by doing so; thankfully, most of us are smart enough to avoid getting involved with people like this - obviously, many characters in the film (and IRL) are/were not that discerning.

From one stand-point it was interesting to see the lengths CN went to try to get his brother out of prison, from another it was obvious it was his fault his brother was in that situation in the first place.

The Jennifer Jason Leigh character was somewhat sad/pathetic; i.e., she was in her fifties (I'm guessing she was playing someone close to her actual age, though she looks younger), still living at home, without much of a job/career to speak of - and, still hooking up with & being taken advantage of by low-lifes like CN.

Very sad to see the disabled brother in the class at the end, looking vacant & inactive - until the instructor asked for those who had gotten into an argument with a family member to cross the room - then he did so.

The film definitely reminded me of urban crime dramas from the '70's re: the frenetic vibe, documentary-style approach to film-making, etc. Specifically, I saw elements from John Cassavetes' '70's films, as well as the early '90's film Bad Lieutenant (which was itself a '70's throw-back to some extent).