What's new

Press Release Lionsgate Press Release: Civil War (2024) (4k UHD Combo) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken For Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
A terrifically entertaining film that takes no sides. It’s all about journalists getting that one great shot or one great interview at any cost. I thought it was fascinating. Day one purchase for me.

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Saw it this evening and kept thinking throughout the movie, that the digital photography was a bit jarring in places. Mainly: the lack of grain and the digital effects added to give certain scenes an effect. Particularly when the film kept emphasising the analogue black and white photos, taken by one of the characters. Perhaps my brain keeps wanting a fine layer of grain on a blockbuster film?

As an aside, the trailer before the film was for the 25th anniversary of The Phantom Menace. The quality of the footage used in the trailer looked atrocious, compared to modern digital blockbusters, such as Civil War! It's not going to look good on a big screen.
Phantom Menace was partially shot in HD.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
Does anyone know the differences between the amazon exclusive and regular 4K Discs?

Unclear. If you look at the listings at Amazon, the regular edition says "Civil War 4K + Bluray + Digital", while the Amazon exclusive says ""Civil War 4K + Bluray + Digital AMZ Exclusive". Whether the obvious (Amazon edition has a different sleeve illustration) is the truth, or Amazon's edition has a digital extra that's not available with the regular Lionsgate edition.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Updated with official press release from Lionsgate. See post #1

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Oh, it does pick a l or R side. A sutle way of showing what they think will happen when The guy running against the guy in the big house WINS.

Aren't reviews worth anything anymore?

I have not seen this film and only learned about it recently. Judging by the trailer it looks more like a film predicting what could happen if we continue letting people run amok with the rampant shoplifting and general lawlessness and lack of accountability. I'm actually afraid of watching it. It might be too realistic for me :(

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ybmsmoke107
Recent bookmarks