1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Press Release Lionsgate Press Release: Bombshell (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    80824255-e32a-49e0-840b-1707eaffc053.

The Oscar®-nominated provocative real story of three ambitious and strong women who risked everything to stand up to the man who made them, Bombshell arrives on Digital February 25 and on Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and DVD March 10. This empowering drama commended by critics and audiences alike is nominated for three Academy Awards® including Best Actress (Charlize Theron), Best Supporting Actress (Margot Robbie), and Best Achievement in Makeup and Hairstyling (Kazu Hiro, Anne Morgan, and Vivian Baker).

Academy Award® winners Charlize Theron (Monster, Best Actress, 2003) and Nicole Kidman (The Hours, Best Actress, 2002) and Academy Award® nominees Margot Robbie (I, Tonya, Best Actress, 2017) and John Lithgow (Terms of Endearment, Best Supporting Actor, 1983) deliver tour-de-force performances in this provocative real story of three whip-smart, ambitious, strong women who anchored one of America’s most powerful news networks—becoming headlines themselves when they risked everything to stand up to the man who made them famous.

Directed by two-time Emmy Award® winner Jay Roach (Outstanding Directing, “Game Change,” 2012; “Recount,” 2008) and written by Academy Award® winner Charles Randolph (Best Adapted Screenplay, The Big Short, 2015), Bombshell also stars Kate McKinnon (TV’s “SNL,” Ghostbusters), Connie Britton (TV’s “Friday Night Lights,” “Nashville”), with Malcolm McDowell (A Clockwork Orange, TV’s “Entourage”), with Allison Janney (I, Tonya, The Help), and Margot Robbie (I, Tonya, Mary Queen of Scots, The Wolf of Wall Street).

Explore the fascinating journey it took to bring this ripped-from-the-headlines tale to the screen with in-depth Blu-ray and DVD bonus features, including a 7-part making-of documentary featuring interviews with the incredible cast and crew that brought this story to the screen. The Bombshell Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD will be available for the price of $39.99 and $29.95, respectively.

BLU-RAY / DVD / DIGITAL SPECIAL FEATURES

“No Easy Truths: The Making of Bombshell” 7-Part Documentary:
    • “Convergence: Genesis of the Film” Featurette
    • “Quid Pro Quo: Charlize, Nicole, Margot, John” Featurette
    • “Human Dynamics: The Ensemble Cast” Featurette
    • “Breaking the Fourth Wall: Visual Design” Featurette
    • “Layer by Layer: Makeup, Hair & Clothing” Featurette
    • “A Unique Skill Set: Jay Roach” Featurette
    • “Catalyst for Change: Parting Thoughts” Featurette

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    I'm surprise this isn't getting a 4K/UHD release. If that remains so, I expect the digital will be in 4K. Also, this is a Lionsgate/Summit release do no MoviesAnywhere.

3. GlennF

GlennF Second Unit
    Supporter

Glenn Frost
    I quite enjoyed this movie. Not sure why it didn't do so well at the box office. Great cast, well acted, some clever directorial touches. What is it people don't seem to like about it?

4. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    I have to admit there are movies that I am now passing on seeing in a movie theater, but will purchase the 4K digital or disc once it comes into my price range. This is one of those movies.

ahollis likes this.
  5. Worth

Worth Producer

Nick Dobbs
    It's hard to get people to go see this kind of drama in a theatre these days. It also followed closely on the heels of Showtime's The Loudest Voice, which covered much of the same ground.

GlennF likes this.
  6. Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson Lead Actor

Jake Lipson
    Speaking only for myself, I just didn't want to watch a movie with political content such as this, which is the same reason I skipped Vice last year. I like al the actors in it but watching them in this particular story didn't feel interesting to me. It also came out in the end-of-year crunch when so many options flooded theaters, and I think the competition muted almost all grosses.

GlennF likes this.
  7. Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson Lead Actor

More surprising: the Blu-ray lacks a lossless audio option!

Lossy Dolby 5.1 only - WTF???

I see that from no-name labels sometimes, but Lionsgate???